2016 Grand Touring LED upgrade

Ok, got the license plate and reverse LED's replaced...super easy install. I went with both Philips products:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I will also be swapping out my visor mirror bulbs with LED's....can't stand the yellow!

20161221_125357.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for the link!

Hey guys I just installed the license plate lights, that youtube video really helped in showing how to remove the cover with ease. The reverse lights are coming this weekend. I forgot to ask the last time, does anyone know the bulb type for the luggage compartment? Philips brand if possible. Thanks!

31004414333_91573413e5_c.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, we try. I even get help from three different friends and we can't replace it. For some weird reason we cannot remove the plastic cap. I replaced this bulb in all my previous cars / SUVs for me and my wife without any issue.

@cubanomx - when I took off the license plate light covers it literally felt like they broke, my first thought was oh sh*t! But it's just the way they popped off. I did it exactly like the video above. You are really only using the flathead to put leverage against the side of the cover so that you can kind of "pull" at the same time. Keep trying, it's well worth the effort to get rid of the yellow bulbs

@cubanomx - when I took off the license plate light covers it literally felt like they broke, my first thought was oh sh*t! But it's just the way they popped off. I did it exactly like the video above. You are really only using the flathead to put leverage against the side of the cover so that you can kind of "pull" at the same time. Keep trying, it's well worth the effort to get rid of the yellow bulbs

Thank you for encourage me. I will try next week. My cx9 is on the shop because a drunk hit my door. not too much but a 125 USD work.

I would love to have the nice white led light and not the stupid yellow 19 century light installed on the factory.

I already have leds on the turn signals so I cannot wait to have white nice lights in my plates!

The manual don't specify the bulb model for the Luggage compartment light.

luggage.jpg

Why you just don't check on the door? It's very easy to check because you only need to open the plastic cover and you will see the led or bulb, I think.

If you read from the beginning of this thread, I show the "5th door LED upgrade". I post pictures of before and after as well as the bulb you would need.

FWIW, Mazda Japan sells LED accessory upgrade bulbs supplied by Polarg and Philips
I'd go with Polarg because they're Japanese made and excellent quality. The Philips are hit and miss, overpriced, and Chinese made

This new style 194/168 replacement LED recommended by kiln in CX-5 community is a better license plate light replacement LED. It has much more reliable larger area flat copper contacts instead of a single wire coming out which serves as a contact, clear silicone coating for better protection, and most importantly, a single-point light source instead of multiple LED cells found on most replacement LEDs, which not only means the latest LED technology, but also imitates exactly like traditional incandescent light bulb for easy light focusing. Not to mention that for one dollar a pair with free shipping, I definitely think this's the one we should get for license plate light.

Hi,
I can recommend these as they are very bright and also comes in various colours:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-2pcs-T10-194-168-W5W-COB-8-SMD-1W-80Lumen-Silica-Super-Bright-LED/32692054812.html

They are easy to handle and I like the copper coated contacts on the PC board as well as the clear silicone coating. I have installed them on the licence plate lights and the longer ones on the reverse lights.

attachment.php

Found your post, thanks!

Does anyone have a list of which bulbs I can replace them with the 5W5 LED or "peanut" bulb other than the license plate lights? Does the cargo lighting have the same bulb type as the ones found inside the vanity mirrors? I believe these are also of diff types of bulbs...

Does anyone have a list of which bulbs I can replace them with the 5W5 LED or "peanut" bulb other than the license plate lights? Does the cargo lighting have the same bulb type as the ones found inside the vanity mirrors? I believe these are also of diff types of bulbs...
The cargo lighting uses the 'Festoon' bulb. I'm not too sure which bulbs the vanity mirrors use as I don't see a use for them after upgrading the dome bulbs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the part #s for the front led signal bulbs for the GT and Signature? Are the bulbs plug and play for my Touring?

How do they look, I'm curious, as I didn't even know front turn led was a thing on the cx-9.

Also, what bulb type are the LED fogs?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
vanity mirror bulb model number?
Don't think you can find a "model number" for vanity mirror bulb. I use this https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) for my CX-5's vanity mirror on the sun visors for "warm glow" effect:

s-l400.jpg

I believe CX-9 uses the same bulb. And make sure not to get white 5,000K+ color temperature LEDs otherwise your wife would be mad when she's trying to use the vanity mirror! :) The color temperature and the unnecessary additional brightness made it impossible for her to do her hair and makeup while using the mirror driving at night!

Back