2016 CX-9 Child Seats

dozier68

:
2016 Mazda CX9
The wife and I are looking into getting her a new vehicle soon, and the 2016 is at the top of the list right now. We have gone out and test drove one, but the salesman could not answer one of my questions.

The website says that the third row can be accessed even with child seats installed on the second row. However, the salesman said this is not possible. Does anyone here have experience with this? We have two children in car seats and would like to have access to the third row without having to remove on of their seats every time.

Yes I have 2 car seats in mine. One forward facing and one rear facing. Rear facing would not work because it slides and hits the head rest. Forward facing, yes doesn't seem to be an issue to slide forward and reach the back. I'm pretty slim though but I don't think you'd want to stick 300lb Uncle Joe back there anyway.

Yes I have 2 car seats in mine. One forward facing and one rear facing. Rear facing would not work because it slides and hits the head rest. Forward facing, yes doesn't seem to be an issue to slide forward and reach the back. I'm pretty slim though but I don't think you'd want to stick 300lb Uncle Joe back there anyway.

He's right. Unless its both rear facing and huge car seats, that could be an issue. I have a front facing one in the 2nd row and I can still slide it forward for my 14 year old son to go in the last row.

The wife and I are looking into getting her a new vehicle soon, and the 2016 is at the top of the list right now. We have gone out and test drove one, but the salesman could not answer one of my questions.

The website says that the third row can be accessed even with child seats installed on the second row. However, the salesman said this is not possible. Does anyone here have experience with this? We have two children in car seats and would like to have access to the third row without having to remove on of their seats every time.

Never believe the salesman over the website. I don't have the car, so I can't tell you how it works, but personally, I would go back there with a car seat, and put it in and see it in action for yourself.

I've played with this in person at the dealer, but not with a car seat installed.

The CX-9's 2nd row on the passenger's side can tilt and slide forward with a child seat still attached.

Alex on autos demonstrated this with the pathfinder.

The CX-9's seat moves in a very similar fashion. You would pull the lever at the top of the seat about half way, just enough to release the seat, and the entire seat will pivot down and slide forward. You can use the same method to slide the seat forward without a child seat to gain access to the third row. The driver's side of the 2nd row does not tilt down the same way. It only reclines the seat back forward and the seat bottom slides forward while remaining at the same height.

I would assume that Alex and autos will produce a very similar child seat review video once he has the CX9 in his hands for a week. So far he's only had a first drive review.

He's right. Unless its both rear facing and huge car seats, that could be an issue. I have a front facing one in the 2nd row and I can still slide it forward for my 14 year old son to go in the last row.

We have one rear facing and one front facing at the moment. Sounds like we could put the front facing one on the passenger side and it should work perfectly. We don't expect to use the third row often, but when we do we don't want to have to shuffle the seats.

Never believe the salesman over the website. I don't have the car, so I can't tell you how it works, but personally, I would go back there with a car seat, and put it in and see it in action for yourself.

The salesman said that we could take it for a weekend test drive to see how we like it when we get ready. So we will definitely put the seats in and see how they work.

I have two car seats. One rear facing, one forward. I put the forward facing on the passenger side and can confirm that I can access the third row as well.

The salesman said that we could take it for a weekend test drive to see how we like it when we get ready. So we will definitely put the seats in and see how they work.

That should be a good enough time for you to know if you want it or not. You can definitely test every single one of those features from the fuel consumption and the infotainment system.

Back