Question for 1st Gen Owners w/OEM Nav

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
I'm currently looking at a 2007 Mazda3 GT w/OEM Nav. The car is in wonderful shape, but if it were up to me, I would rather not have the Nav system as even back when these cars were new, the system was outdated and waaay overpriced. In any case, this car has it so I have to potentially deal with it.

So my question is, does the nav system turn on/screen pop up every time you turn the key to "on" position/start the car ...or does it only pop up when you tap the "open" button to the right of the screen?

Last screen status priority

I'm currently looking at a 2007 Mazda3 GT w/OEM Nav. The car is in wonderful shape, but if it were up to me, I would rather not have the Nav system as even back when these cars were new, the system was outdated and waaay overpriced. In any case, this car has it so I have to potentially deal with it.

So my question is, does the nav system turn on/screen pop up every time you turn the key to "on" position/start the car ...or does it only pop up when you tap the "open" button to the right of the screen?

If the screen was down when the car was switched off, the screen will remain down as you restart the car until you hit the open button. If the screen was up when the car was switched off, it will automatically pop up as you restart the car.

Yes the navigation system is hopelessly outdated and the last map database that will ever be released for this system was in 2010 (2009 vintage data), so the best case scenario if you pay $200 for the 2010 update is that you will be working with eight year old map data.

You may want to consider re-purposing the LCD display.

hell i even have a 2011 gt i bought used and the nav is oudated and useless as much more than just telling me what roads i am on. plus its so much easier to nav on my phone hook it to the bluetooth and let it tell me where to go. my phone gps is up to date and accurate plus i dont have to use that stupid screen. it functions well but its in a bad spot for my driving position and the average mpg, current mpg and maintenance reminder info are much more useful to me on this screen. granted 1st gens cannot use that on the gps screen. my old 08 did not have navi and i was glad for it. but the nav screen does not take up any extra space in the 2011s so i dont really care that its there

Back