20XX Mazda CX5 Spy Shots

Owning a Mazda 3 as well, I do prefer the look and functionality of the screen on dash setup. In the 3, the dash can be lower and/or concave, improving outward visibility as well as interior volume.
Mazda is working on Android Auto integration, and it could very well come as a firmware update, available also to older vehicles. This update can come at anytime before/after the release of the new model.
If I were to buy a new car today, Android Auto will be a required functionality. I am not sure why Mazda is delaying this, guessing that software development/certification delays are the reason.

I'm a bit disappointed with the interior. For a new version expected to last several years, it's a bit outdated: no full digital screen in the cockpit, no Android Auto or Carplay, no bird view nor 360 camera (no camera facing down in the side mirrors)

Also, there's no paddle shifters. Mazda must offer the same or more features than other brands, otherwise they risk of appearing to their customers like a brand that is not in top form, which is not really the case.

Last edited:
I hate how people demand that all cars be identical. Years ago people would get to pick whatever model and brand best fit their wants/needs. People used to get excited over cool unique features that different cars had, now they just whine complain about screen sizes and other tech stuff. And cars still never come with outstanding audio systems. Thats something I don't understand.

Mazda has always been above standards, the Kodo design of the CX 5 for example, it was repeatedly an inspiration for other brands (Jaguar F-Pace, Maserati Levante, new Alfa Romeo). Why is it not the case for the interiors of its cars? Today customers are accustomed to features like the above. This is Mazda's job to differentiate itself by surpassing the other brands, by surprising us with unique features, and not being years behind.

Last edited:
Don’t expect that development vehicle to represent the finished article in terms of accessories and options. I worked for the brake development industry for 17 years and most of the cars we had were stripped out bare in order to accommodate test equipment. All the “toys” you might get in production vehicles were an unnecessary distraction.

You’ll have to wait much closer to release to know what the proper spec is.

Seems unwise to make judgments based on what it is clearly a test mule.

I hate how people demand that all cars be identical. Years ago people would get to pick whatever model and brand best fit their wants/needs. People used to get excited over cool unique features that different cars had, now they just whine complain about screen sizes and other tech stuff. And cars still never come with outstanding audio systems. Thats something I don't understand.

+1

I like Mazda for what it is, not what it isn't. I don't want the extra weight of a automatic rear gate, full glass roof, V6, etc. Those features are in other vehicles....buy them if that is what you want.

People also complain about lack of wagons, but obviously they never bought them otherwise we'd still have wagons offered.

I hope they don't sell it with a manual transmission....It will make it an easier decision to keep my 2016 because of it.

did you guys see the 2 black squares, right and left, lower corners @ front bumper? Why?

did you guys see the 2 black squares, right and left, lower corners @ front bumper? Why?

What do you mean? The whole car is covered with black, gray and white squares in the camouflage pattern. I don't see anything in the front bumper that's not part of the camo pattern.

Back