A few convenience features CX-5 had that RX350 does not!

Buzzer777

:
Mazda,CX-5, AWD,2015 Grand Touring, Meteor Gray Mica
Well It has been a couple of days since I traded my 2015 CX-5 GT in favor or an older Lexus RX350 (2013)...so far pretty painless sans a couple of "small" CONVENIENCE ITEMS!
1st annoyance is that I find myself walking away from the Lexus, waiting for the reassuring locking beep that the CX-5 made(boom05). The Lexus will not lock itself with its KeyFob in your pocket, until you physically press a smallish detente in the Lexus' door handle or press the locking button on the KeyFob...Hrump..After day 3 of disbelief, I have surrendered!

Navigation and Voice Recognition revisited! After a couple of years getting used to the Funky Mazda Nav and its equally weird Voice recognition, I am now greeted by equally strange events with the Lexus RX250 Navigation!
The 1st being every time you start the Lexus up, with the Radio left in the on position, You are greeted by the same ole on screen disclaimer that the CX-5 had..No biggy but just sayin... EVERY STARTUP!!!

Even though the automated voice in the Lexus' VR system is either identical to the one in the Mazda (or very closely related...LOL). Now for rules that make no sense. The CX-5 will not permit changes to the Nav (except via the poor quality VR) to protect the parties that be from lawsuits...The Lexus' NAV will permit certain voice commands as well as the rather decent VR that the Lexus permits...My conclusion is that my departed 2011 Hyundai Tuscon VR has them BOTH BEAT..LOL (but you can keep that Tuscon!(nailbyt) I remember the 215 TSB on the CX-5 where they had to correct the Entertainment system from starting up in the same spot ...(similar but not the same)

Now I wonder how long it will take before I go to my garage expecting to find the familiar shadowy Dark Grey CX-5, but now seeing the unfamiliar Maroon Lexus RX-250! PLUS upon getting into the Lexus, having it "wrap" its Robot like settings around me all by itself with no adjustments needed ..LoL...Me likes the memory function too!
More reflections to follow.(moon)

Last edited:
... PLUS upon getting into the Lexus, having it "wrap" its Robot like settings around me all by itself with no adjustments needed ..LoL...Me likes the memory function too!
Now you know why I've been critical the lack of memory seat function on CX-5. But the memory function of your Lexus RX 350 will not only memorize your driver seat position, but also the positions of both outside rearview mirrors, and steering wheel. You'll also find you can automatically fold your outside rearview mirrors once you locked your car. Or make steering wheel tilts up while you're entering of exiting the driver seat. There're many more features in your RX 350 waiting for you to discover ... :)

You were so right- Found ALL the Memory functions - Ignorance USED TO BE Bilss!!!

Now you know why I've been critical the lack of memory seat function on CX-5. But the memory function of your Lexus RX 350 will not only memorize your driver seat position, but also the positions of both outside rearview mirrors, and steering wheel. You'll also find you can automatically fold your outside rearview mirrors once you locked your car. Or make steering wheel tilts up while you're entering of exiting the driver seat. There're many more features in your RX 350 waiting for you to discover ... :)

You were so right...Had the Car "in" yesterday so the mechanic could spend the REQUIRED 2 hrs of training with me and of course, he changed a few settings...Memory 1 was the best 10 seconds ever!! One side note...The Lexus dealership is owned by the same folks (family) as the Mazda dealership...Nice BIG happy family...(owns Toyota here AS WELL) I SAW LOTS OF Mazdas and Toyotas in the Lexus service Dept...(HUGE, especially for Reno, NV!) Lexus immediately loans Toyotas to its customers should you need one! All The dealers are within 5 miles of each other and Lexus and Mazda are within 1 mile!
And I did find out the 1st day about all the memory functions the Lexus has under its belt. That was one reason I am critical about what seem like the "little" things that Mazda remembered and Lexus! I did find out that the Lexus Key Fob has exceptional range though. My 1st "walkaway" with the Lexus was in the Walmart parking lot was a good test of its range among a bunch of parked cars where the radio signal did a bunch of bounces..Nice loud horn too!

Back