2012 CX-9 Gear Shift light Replacement

edoinfl

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
Hi,
My gear shift stopped illuminating on my CX-9 GT. Does anyone have any experience replacing the bulb? Any tips on how to access the bulb would be appreciated.
I also wanted to know if the lock/unlock door switch on both the driver and front passenger door are supposed to illuminate. I bought my CX-9 used and it never illuminated since I bought it. With black interior at night its impossible to locate the switch without turning on the dome light.
Thanks for your help!!!

Hi,
My gear shift stopped illuminating on my CX-9 GT. Does anyone have any experience replacing the bulb? Any tips on how to access the bulb would be appreciated.
I also wanted to know if the lock/unlock door switch on both the driver and front passenger door are supposed to illuminate. I bought my CX-9 used and it never illuminated since I bought it. With black interior at night its impossible to locate the switch without turning on the dome light.
Thanks for your help!!!

What a coincidence, my gear shift light just went out two days ago, this is the exact bulb replacement you need, I bought off ebay,

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I followed the video on YouTube to get to the light bulb

Hopes this helps....

CX_9 console light replacement

great video.......I got the bulb out and went to Advance Auto Parts ( any parts store will do) and just matched the bulb up......Bulb #74 from Sylvania

Hint.....go on Ebay and look for a CX-9 shifter assembly for sale.....you can see pictures where the attaching studs are so you know where to pry up the top plate.

I use plastic trim removal tools bought cheap at Harbor Freight

Attachments

• MAZDACX9CONSOLEBULB.jpg
    MAZDACX9CONSOLEBULB.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 620
  • MAZDACX9CONSOLELIGHT.JPG
    MAZDACX9CONSOLELIGHT.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 593
Back