Front Suspension Kit

aodvg

:
Mazda 5 Touring 2009
Hello, I have a 2009 M5

My mechanic says that I need to replace the front suspension. I have found the Monroes, Monroe Quick-Strut parts 172263, 172264.

Is there a better option than the Monroes in a similar price range?

Last edited:
KYBs seem to be the default non-oem option many people here go with.
Personally, Monroe parts are not my first, second, third... choice when I want longevity. You can probably save money by ordering the struts vs, complete assemblies. The KYBs are under $90 each, you may need to add $20-30 for each strut mount.

KYBs seem to be the default non-oem option many people here go with.
Personally, Monroe parts are not my first, second, third... choice when I want longevity. You can probably save money by ordering the struts vs, complete assemblies. The KYBs are under $90 each, you may need to add $20-30 for each strut mount.

I certainly want longevity. I also found what I think is good deal on the Koni Sports (both front and back) on Tirerack for $619 but are those durable as KYB?

Last edited:
That decision is up to your wallet. Thinking about Konis is a contrast to your first post, staying in a lower cost bracket.
Looks like a set of KYBs comes out to ~$300 ($180 front + $120 rear). The Konis probably give better response and dampening but I did not see people unhappy with KYBs on here either.

That decision is up to your wallet. Thinking about Konis is a contrast to your first post, staying in a lower cost bracket.
Looks like a set of KYBs comes out to ~$300 ($180 front + $120 rear). The Konis probably give better response and dampening but I did not see people unhappy with KYBs on here either.

do you know of a good place where to get them online? Seems like there are no KYB dealers in my area

2009 KYB part numbers.JPG
Amazon and Ebay, just type the part numbers from the list.

Last edited:
Back