Mazda5 vs Mazda3 spring rates

00bluees

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Background. i have at least 1 broken rear spring on my 2007 mazda5 and i'm looking to replace them. Naturally i'm cheap so looking for used springs is always my first instinct.

i've searched up and down the site and google and can't seem to find any info for stock spring rates for the Mazda5. I've been able to find some speculation that 2012+ rear springs have a stiffer rate than older models but no numbers to back it up.

Also wondering how different the stiffness is between a Mazda3 and a 5. I assume the 3 would be softer sprung but again i've found nothing to back this up. Used (barely) springs are easy to come by from a 3 so i'm tempted to give it a shot but i also don't want to do the job twice!!

Any input you can provide would be appreciated before i default to tracking down 2012 springs from a yard or a dealer.

Edit: i'm aware of the speed3 spring rates but the rear squats too much for my liking and i'm not about to use spring spacers either.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Sorry for not answering your question exactly but I have a set of all 4 corners from my 2014 which is off my car since I put the H&R lowering spring last year. Mint condition with 8k miles only. Let me know if you are interested.

Back