Disable Seat Belt reminder

LOL gotta love the internet judgement here. "It's for safety, I hope you die." "How about you put your junk somewhere besides the seat?"

People.

And what's the problem with suggesting that the OP put his cargo in the trunk? That's where cargo typically goes.

Do you have a suggestion for the OP, or are you just here to chirp and pass judgement yourself?

I'm sure there's a circuit closed when the seat belt is fastened into the buckle. You could probably find a wiring harness coming off the buckle, tap into a couple of wires and place a switch somewhere that would close that circuit when you don't want to hear the chime. Just an idea, although I personally would never do it.

And what's the problem with suggesting that the OP put his cargo in the trunk? That's where cargo typically goes.

Do you have a suggestion for the OP, or are you just here to chirp and pass judgement yourself?

You dont think the OP knows his car has a trunk, or that trunk store things? Theres no reason to question his intelligence or his need to use the front seat.

FWIW I agree with the suggestion buckle the seatbelt.

You don*t think the OP knows his car has a trunk, or that trunk store things? There*s no reason to question his intelligence or his need to use the front seat.

I make no assumptions on behalf of the OP. He never said anything about the trunk being full or provided any more information about why it has to be in the front seat, thus the rational suggestion to put it in the trunk. I never made any remarks about his intelligence (as others have before me).

Instead, you chose to frame my suggestion in the negative way you inferred it.

There is also the issue that whatever's on the front seat will defy gravity in a collision and possibly injure the driver? A risk worth taking?

The weight sensor in the passenger seat of my '16 CX-5 has become abnormally sensitive. Even an iPhone laying on the seat will sometimes trigger the irritating chimes. This is something that has started only recently. Any idea of what's going on and how to fix it?

I frequently travel with something (non-organic) sitting in the passenger seat that weighs enough to trigger the "there's an organic being sitting in the seat" circuit. Thus I have to drive with the chime. I hope this actually works.

mraub1 My weight sensor on a 16 CX-5 GT has also gotten sensitive, recently with nothing on the seat it goes on and off. I am wondering if I can unplug the sensor...

The weight sensor in the passenger seat of my '16 CX-5 has become abnormally sensitive. Even an iPhone laying on the seat will sometimes trigger the irritating chimes. This is something that has started only recently. Any idea of what's going on and how to fix it?

I believe there is a TSB for a less sensitive detection pad. Just get the dealer to change it.

I can think of a few good reasons. If you have to move your car 100 feet across a parking lot, move it from one end of a driveway to the other, or take a short drive down a deserted country road at 20 mph, you really dont need a seatbelt. On my old Lexus I was able to disable the seatbelt alarm. The warning light still came on and I still used it 99% of the time but it was nice not to hear at the annoying alarm every single time I got in my car!

I love me some First World Problem rabbit holes.

I live at the end of a 1/2 mile long right-of-way (basically a narrow path), and when I check my mail at the main road, it's a pain to have to buckle up when I get back in for that 5 MPH ride through the woods.

I would just let the chime go in my truck, saying "First Floor: Men's Finery," "Second Floor: Bras, Corsets and Reloading Equipment" etc to entertain myself until I got to my house.

I love me some First World Problem rabbit holes.

I live at the end of a 1/2 mile long right-of-way (basically a narrow path), and when I check my mail at the main road, it's a pain to have to buckle up when I get back in for that 5 MPH ride through the woods.

I would just let the chime go in my truck, saying "First Floor: Men's Finery," "Second Floor: Bras, Corsets and Reloading Equipment" etc to entertain myself until I got to my house.

Sounds like it would be a lovely stroll.

I miss the days when the key in the ignition/door is open/seatbelt is not fastened warning buzzers were just a little module device that plugged in under the dash. One of the first things I used to do upon buying a new car was to unplug them. It was annoying when I wanted to listen to the radio when waxing the car or doing minor maintenance and had the doors open or something else that triggered the buzzers.
Now it seems that the electronics that control the warnings are hidden deep in the dash and thwart such attempts to defeat them. I'm not a fan of the nanny state trying to save me from myself. In my new home, every damn window screen had a warning sticker on it that the screen would not prevent one from accidentally falling out of the window like Eric Clapton's son. And every miniblind had a warning sticker not to hang myself on the pull cord. I peeled every sticker off that I could find.

I miss the days when the key in the ignition/door is open/seatbelt is not fastened warning buzzers were just a little module device that plugged in under the dash. One of the first things I used to do upon buying a new car was to unplug them. It was annoying when I wanted to listen to the radio when waxing the car or doing minor maintenance and had the doors open or something else that triggered the buzzers.
Now it seems that the electronics that control the warnings are hidden deep in the dash and thwart such attempts to defeat them. I'm not a fan of the nanny state trying to save me from myself. In my new home, every damn window screen had a warning sticker on it that the screen would not prevent one from accidentally falling out of the window like Eric Clapton's son. And every miniblind had a warning sticker not to hang myself on the pull cord. I peeled every sticker off that I could find.

Keeps the lawyers employed.

I miss the days when the key in the ignition/door is open/seatbelt is not fastened warning buzzers were just a little module device that plugged in under the dash. [snip]

Yup.

I use my truck on my property all the time. I would like to keep the doors open to hear the radio while I work, but I can't without the constant background of that annoying chime. The best I can do is to keep the windows down.

Regarding all those stickers: they are the freedom-killing combination of (a) "making sure" nothing bad ever, ever happens again, and (b) ignoring the "frivolous lawsuit" standard. Everything is geared to the Lowest Common Denominator. The increased control over us and loss of self-management expectations are the intent.

Maybe we should sue someone when we fall off a ladder because all those stickers distracted us as we ascended.

SUVs are sometimes used for their intended purpose.

1. when getting in & out of the vehicle & driving a short distance on an isolated dirt road (to check a grid of study sites) the seat belt is a huge hassle and offers no safety

2. when negotiating a mtn. pass that is very narrow, a seat belt can prevent you form jumping to safety if the road gives way and the car goes down the mtn.

3. a heavy pkg. in the pass. seat will trigger the annoying & distracting warming (at least on my Sube)

Just go to a junkyard, cut off the buckle or two from a wreck, insert when needed. Simple.

Back