Disable Seat Belt reminder

cdtran2

:
Mazda3
Anyone know how to do this on a 2016.5? We always wear our seat belts, but I still make it a point to have this disable on all our vehicles. Mazda doesn't seem at all willing to help or provide a wiring diagram so at this point it seems like I have to go in blind.

Anyone know how to do this on a 2016.5? We always wear our seat belts, but I still make it a point to have this disable on all our vehicles. Mazda doesn't seem at all willing to help or provide a wiring diagram so at this point it seems like I have to go in blind.

I can't imagine why...

If you poke around the web, or buy a shop manual, you can get the wiring diagram.

Don't see the point, though.

It is possible to disable it! They don't want to help you due to liability issues.

For Mazdas made after 2012:

1- foot on the break and start the car.
2- look for the seatbelt latches
3- press the red release button 3 times
4- move up and down on the seat 10 times to deactivate the weight sensor. (Take your weight off the seat)
5- press the red release button 3 times again.
6- tap the break 3 times

*edit, you must do it for each seat you want to disable the reminder

Done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It is possible to disable it! They don't want to help you due to liability issues.

4- move up and down on the seat 10 times to deactivate the weight sensor. (Take your weight off the seat)
6- tap the break 3 times

Done!

It's not April Fool's day is it?(rofl2). Especially the "move up and down on the seat 10 times to deactivate..." Any passers by will wonder what you're doing.

Anyone know how to do this on a 2016.5? We always wear our seat Pop belts, but I still make it a point to have this disable on all our vehicles. Mazda doesn't seem at all willing to help or provide a wiring diagram so at this point it seems like I have to go in blind.
I once hated wearing the seat belt especially that "automatic" seat belt which was very popular in the '90s. I even decided not to buy a new car during that period of time simply just refusing to have "automatic" seat belt in our cars. But I wouldn't go that far trying to disable the seat belt reminder. Sometimes I'm still not wearing the seat belt while driving our older cars as there's nothing to "remind" me constantly after a set time, may be only a seat belt indicator lit up which doesn't bother me at all.

6- tap the break 3 times

Done!

Well done. I hope that when he gets hurled through his windshield that he gets embedded in yours instead of some other poor soul.

If you really don't want to wear see belt, you can buy a seat belt buckle and just leave it in there. But why wouldn't wear your seat belt anyway, try to be cool? No wroth if you got pull over and get in a car accident.

6- tap the break 3 times

Done!

up up down down b a select start gives you extra lives lol.

Okay being serious now. How can I change the seat belt chime to this?

Glad Google found this thread for me.

Here's why I want to disable that damn annoying chime.

I frequently travel with something (non-organic) sitting in the passenger seat that weighs enough to trigger the "there's an organic being sitting in the seat" circuit. Thus I have to drive with the chime. I hope this actually works.

I frequently travel with something (non-organic) sitting in the passenger seat that weighs enough to trigger the "there's an organic being sitting in the seat" circuit. Thus I have to drive with the chime. I hope this actually works.

I hope it works too. lol

Why don't you just get a cargo net for your trunk? Instead of storing whatever it is in your passenger seat, it's secured in the cargo net, and there's no annoying chime.

What about fastening the unused belt?

LOL gotta love the internet judgement here. "It's for safety, I hope you die." "How about you put your junk somewhere besides the seat?"

People.

Back