Where to put my money first!?

Seriouswoody

:
Mazda,3,Isport,2016
Hey fellas, new owner of a 2016 Mazda3 Isport. Came from a 2004 Nissan 350z which i modded pretty extensively, so I'm already looking to add some stuff to 3. My question is what did you purchase first when you decided to add power or appearance?? I am looking at the Corksport axel back exhaust, short RAM intake, 20mm wheel spacers,and some springs, just to give you an idea. So let me know where you would start,
Thanks,
Woody

P.S. sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this

I've always been more of a performance guy myself. Springs, swaybar, intake are all good and fairly inexpensive starts.

Seriously not trying to be a tool here, but first is you should have gotten the "S". From what I have read, these engines are about at topped as they can be (short of nitro or something extreme). I eye balled the Corksport stuff... the problem is bang for your buck.

For example, in your case, if you bought the air intake ($200) and the full cat-back system ($750), you gain 10 HP. The "S" has almost 30 Hp from the get-go. Even in the case of the "S", you only gain about 15-20 HP. Not sure if that is worth $1,000.

Guess all I'm saying is that these engines are not sleepers that with some minor tweaking can be woken up... they are already awake :)

Seriously not trying to be a tool here, but first is you should have gotten the "S". From what I have read, these engines are about at topped as they can be (short of nitro or something extreme). I eye balled the Corksport stuff... the problem is bang for your buck.

For example, in your case, if you bought the air intake ($200) and the full cat-back system ($750), you gain 10 HP. The "S" has almost 30 Hp from the get-go. Even in the case of the "S", you only gain about 15-20 HP. Not sure if that is worth $1,000.

Guess all I'm saying is that these engines are not sleepers that with some minor tweaking can be woken up... they are already awake :)

Definitely the truth. Suspension upgrades are always worth it though!

Replace the boat anchor wheels and get some Enkei Racing lightweight ones. I lost almost 10 lbs per corner by doing this and acceleration is notably better.

Nitrous on one of these would be quite interesting to say the least :)

Latest posts

Back