Mad Squeal :(

xDanielSenpai

:
Mazda, Protege5
Yo! Back again, yay!
So as of 2 nights ago the P5 started acting up. It goes like this... When i turn on the car its fine and dandy. Let her sit for about a min to heat up. Turn on a/c and go. Usual routine. 2 nights ago while driving. I try to make a turn, it stops midway and starts squealing from the engine. Now it constantly does it. I did find out something though. It only does it when my ac is on, while its off i can drive perfectly fine. Also everytime i turn the nob on for the ac the back light of it flickers and/or turns off until i switch it to another speed.

Currently cant really tell whats happening, so i need help from your guys to help me determine the problem and i can get it fixed xc

https://youtu.be/gxr25lmYPPs

Last edited:
1. Could be the belt.
2. If you haven't done the ac fix it'll act up. You can look at the how to sticky on this thread or my build to see how I did it.

Another vote for belt. You can rub bar soap on the inside, which will temporarily stop the squealing (and most importantly tell you whether it is the belt or not). The problem is usually related to the tensioner.

Thanks guys will look into the belt, and if it still happens I'll hit y'all up. Thanks for the help! 😎

Last edited:
Back