2016.5 CX-5 iPhone SMS

mydogduke

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GT
Apologies in advance if this isn't the right place for this --

I've already searched the forums and google for answers but haven't found anything that has worked.

I recently purchased a 2016.5 CX-5 GT and paired my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.3.2). Music and calls are working fine but it won't read incoming SMS.

I've tried:

- Unpairing/Re-Pairing
- Removing passcode lock and unpairing/re-pairing
- Going to bluetooth -> Mazda -> "i" -> show notifications
- Restarting Phone

Has anyone gotten this to work? starting to think this might be an issue with Apple.

I have the new 2016 CX-9 Signature and I just today activated the SMS read texts. I did the Bluetooth > Mazda > i and turned on "show notifications. I also read that you need to completely shut down your iPhone after that. I did, turned it back on and now it is reading the texts as they come in if i select for it to read.

My problems over the last few days of ownership is the infotainment system rebooting often and even once freezing up completely with a black screen. Rebooting gets it working again but it is crapping out several times a day.

Good luck.

It magically started working today (after I upgraded iOS) but after turning my passcode lock back on, it seems to have stopped working.

Latest posts

Back