location of AC low pressure port.

dunkky

:
2012 mazda 5, sport
Hi, i am new to this forum.

I have 2012 Mazda 5 sport model.

I am trying to locate low pressure port so that i can add 134a refrigerant as my AC doesn't seem to blow cold air. I can see the high low pressure so easily, but i just could not locate the low one. Could anyone help?

thanks

Well the low pressure port is always located on the larger diameter line tubing and usually will have a black or blue cap. Also, the port caps usually will have an "L" or an "H" on them.

Last edited:
Well the low pressure port is always located on the larger diameter line tubing and usually will have a black or blue cap. Also, the port caps usually will have an "L" or an "H" on them.

Thanks, that's the thing. i can't find a cap with "L" on it any where. I see one with "H" easily. i looked everywhere, there's just no cap with "L" on it unless the cap is hiding somewhere under... Very frustrating. i didn't have this problem with other cars.

Thanks, that's the thing. i can't find a cap with "L" on it any where. I see one with "H" easily. i looked everywhere, there's just no cap with "L" on it unless the cap is hiding somewhere under... Very frustrating. i didn't have this problem with other cars.
P1020060.jpg

I can see both caps in this picture... one is by the radiator cap, and one is by the rad coolant tank....

Easy way is to look at the AC compressor and follow the lines...

Thanks mazdadude. is the one with blue circle with black cap on? I didn't see no "L" on the cap. I may have to double check it. I'll provide an update. thanks.

Thanks mazdadude. is the one with blue circle with black cap on? I didn't see no "L" on the cap. I may have to double check it. I'll provide an update. thanks.

I just checked the cap. it's a black cap with no "L" label. at this point, i am not confident if that's the one. could anyone confirm? I bought a used from a dealer, i wonder if they replaced the factory cap with something else..

I just took a photo of my car. only cap which i can think of from the picture is the one i circled with red. could anyone confirm that's the low pressure port? I can't believe 2012 model made it so difficult to identify what i am looking for.

https://s32.postimg.org/lfb98p5xx/20160725_231036.jpg

I can't think of what else it could be? There is a H port and an L port.

Also do not forget to check out / replace the CABIN FILTER if you have not already done so.

I can't think of what else it could be? There is a H port and an L port.

Also do not forget to check out / replace the CABIN FILTER if you have not already done so.

Yeap, i'll replace cabin filter for sure since that seems like something i can handle. but as far as L port goes, not having "L" on cap really makes me nervous.

thanks mazdadude. i went fill up the 143a into that black port, and now i have cold air coming out!!! Thanks for your help.

Back