2012 Mazda 6 Experiences

:
Mazda Protege5
Daughter #2 and I were car shopping today to find something for her to take to college. We stumbled across a 2012 Mazda 6i Sport (automatic) with 100K on it. One owner, local car. Very clean. Drove fine. Non-smoker. Only issues were one accident, possibly involving the left front corner. The bumper is slightly misaligned and the fender liner is missing (probably why it's misaligned). No evidence of any structural repairs. The other issue was a lot of wind noise from the driver's side door area. I didn't see any door alignment or seal issues. Sometimes wind noise issues can be hard to fix, though. If I get serious about it, a more thorough mechanical inspection will be in order.

Anyway, I've searched around online and don't see any signs of serious issues with this vintage of Mazda 6s. So, I was wondering what real world experiences other 2007-2012 Mazda 6 owners were having. Anything in particular to watch for? Thanks!

Who knows, maybe we'll add another Mazda to the family!

Last edited:
Well, looking around a bit more, I see people complaining about headlight issues where one or both of the low beams fail. This doesn't seem to be a bulb issue, but something in the connector or harness. Many people replace the bulbs only to have it fail again within a few months. I suspect removing the bulb and reinserting it would accomplish the same thing. I've seen the "bang the headlight" fix. That's not reassuring. Unfortunately, I haven't found a post where the issue has been resolved yet.

Back