Advice - "not MP3 radio"

kebob

:
Mazda 5 Sport
I've got a 2008 Sport (UK), it's got the all in one 6 disc changer and it can read mp3s from said CDs. It's got the bluetooth phone and voice control.

I want to add proper bluetooth so was looking at this LINK as it list a few features that I've not seen mentioned on other bluetooth adpaters, the steering control, auto pause, track skipping from the head unit controls etc.

But the description says
Compatible with most Mazda models up to 2009 including Mazda 2 (not MP3 radio), Mazda 3, Mazda 5 (not MP3 radio), Mazda 6 (03-05 requires modification), RX-8 (Firmware dependant)

Anyone know whether there are different MP3 radio versions? And whether this is an indicator of any of this type of bluetooth adapter not working correctly with the stereo that I have?

Or if there's only a single "MP3 radio", will it just be specific features that arent compatible, or is the device not likely work at all?

As a side query, If it turns out I cant use one of these adapters and instead need to replace the whole head unit, is the current voice control system part of the existing headunit, or is it separate? Not that I'd use it, but just curious.

Thanks.

Hmmm, thanks for that. I thought the CD changer was part of the unit. Seems some in that thread have managed that mod with the in dash 6 disc changer?

I already have an aux input that works well, but as soon as I plug in a charger, or a Bluetooth adapter that needs power I get terrible interference.

I wonder if the aux input has been done by a previous owner and it's wired like in that thread and is why it gets ground loop noise.

Strange that the Bluetooth module I linked too only specifies "mp3 radio" as non compatible rather than disc changer.

Perhaps I should message them and see what they say.

I've got a single-cd system and an XCarLink plugged into the accessory port.
This works very well, but I also get terrible noise when I use an external charger that plugs into the 12v outlet.
To work around this, I've bought a simple bluetooth receiver that's powered by the USB bus of the XCarLink. (My XCarLink does not have bluetooth itself) Problem solved!

I messaged them and they suggested it actually should work, and they'll correct the website.

It's arrived and while it's getting power, and I can pair my phone to the device the head unit won't switch over to the input.

Just trying to compare the pinouts with the existing, and working, aux connection to see what's missing.

I won't do any modifications before getting back in touch with them though......the perils of leaving odd jobs 'till the weekend.

I'm returning it....

Still reckon it could work if wired differently but not going to fiddle with it and void the returns policy.

Back