New 2012 Mazda3 S owner - some shaking

j0zef

:
2012 Mazda3 S GT
Hi all,

New member here.. so hello! I recently purchased a 2012 Mazda3. Prior to the purchase, I noticed that certain parts of the car shake a lot. I'm attaching a picture with the parts circled in red.
bQjv9xd.jpg

So the big circle on top is I assume an air compressor? It's bolted onto the frame (bottom right circle), and the two hoses that are attached also shake quiet a lot.

Some info.. when I start the car from cold, there's almost no shaking. It develops within ~10 minutes and does not go away. I have driven the car about ~500 miles now and did not notice any big problems.. maybe slight wheel shake at 80 mph, but that's probably due to the dealer messing up the tires (fronts were at 35 psi, backs at 30.. recommended is 32 both).

Anyone have an idea of what it is that's causing the shaking?

Thanks all!

J

I think that is the cover of your engine air filter housing. There is probably a snap/spring that is not seated from when the air filter was changed. There should be one on each side that when unsnapped gives you access to check/change the air filter...

How much do they shake? They're going to shake a little just because of the engine vibrations. Could you take a video?

all the plastic under the hood shakes, it just does. as long as the engine is not moving when you gas it your good, check the mount on the passenger side of the motor see if it has failed that may help some if it has. my air filter box shakes at idle some.

all the plastic under the hood shakes, it just does. as long as the engine is not moving when you gas it your good, check the mount on the passenger side of the motor see if it has failed that may help some if it has. my air filter box shakes at idle some.

Just to add to this, because the engine is transversely mounted, it will rock back and forth a little when you give it gas. That's just due to the torque of the engine. Excessive movement/vibration is what you really have to worry about though.

Back