2008 Mazda Atenza - No factory light fittings in the trunk

:
Mazda Atenza 2008
Hello team,

I just got the 2008 Mazda Atenza, and recently was surprised by the fact that i don't have any factory light fittings in my boot, so it's pitch black in the dark...

I am planning to install some LED strips eventually, but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem and has an easy way out or a D.I.Y. thread?

There is a power cable, hanging in the center of the boot roof, just underneath the 10 inch opening for the sub, which to my surprise is still tabbed in with no sub, and to my disappointment, the stereo system in genera is crap at best... any idea what that cable may be for?

Just having few thought as what to power my LED's from? There are no stock factory lights installed anywhere in the boot atm. I could hook purchased LED's to my tail lights but would it mean that i would have to turn my car lights ON every time for my LED's to work? Or are they already grounded and would have power constantly running to them

I am ordering a Hynes Manual for my Atenza, but from previous experiences, no electrical circuits or wiring layouts were explained in the prevoiusly owned Audi Manual...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Back