Lift Kit Interest

Question of the year! Seems no one can figure out the spring rates from either of these places,,,, only that both raise a diesel CX-5 up by 30mm / 1.2".
I can only guess that the diesel model is a couple hundred pound heavier than the 2.0 or 2.5.
We would need to find out spring rates and length for all 3 models, 2.0, 2.5, and diesel along with the a/m rates.

as long as the spring diameter doesnt change i would think the swap would be pretty easy.. would be nice to know length and lift and spring rate before ordering though.

I've found both the elford springs & the kaddis kit online... (available in Japan)

+ I deal with a guy in Japan to import things to me.. In CT.

If you're really interested I can inquire about having him send stuff to you.. Where ever you live.

As far as the suspension not working because of a different model motor.. I seriously doubt that..

Especially if it's intended for a heavier power plant it should work on the 2.5 with no major issue.

Look at Subaru's.. Or even other Mazda's...fords... A lot of the suspension parts are interchangeable, although not originally intended to be.

As far as the suspension not working because of a different model motor.. I seriously doubt that..

Especially if it's intended for a heavier power plant it should work on the 2.5 with no major issue.

Look at Subaru's.. Or even other Mazda's...fords... A lot of the suspension parts are interchangeable, although not originally intended to be.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the diesel springs wouldn't fit, I meant the spring rates between the 3 motors are most likely different, especially the front springs. Being that the diesel would be the heaviest, I can only guess the front spring rate would be higher and may cause a stiffer ride or bounce when used in a different application. Expecially since there are 2 different aftermarket springs available it would be nice to know if one of them uses a different rated spring, or are they both selling the same spring set just re branded.
Looking at the pics I see one is red powder coated and the other is black. I'd love to try a set also but would like to use the lighter rated spring if there is a choice!

sadly i think the spring route is the way to go. the shop has become increasly slower and slower to respond to my emails and i still dont have anything of substance to show. Im sorry guys. im going to reach out to a local shop i know and see if its something they would be interested in. if so ill give up my personal car for a week so they can get whatever measurements needed.

ProComp makes a lift for our vehicles..
Look on 4wheelparts ... It's apparently a 1" lift..

If your referencing ProComp kit a few posts back it does not anywhere say it fits our vehicle. I went on ProComp website too and saw no listing for anything for CX5. If you know of one though please send specific link.

Resurrecting this thread briefly since a lot of the posters here have upgraded their wheels / tires.

Also posted in the CX-5 lounge....

I'm shopping for rims for my All Terrain 245/65/17's. Eyeing up the Motegi MR118 and have the option of 45mm and 32mm offset. Would you guys that went with 30 / 35 mm offsets recommend the 32's? That would widen the stance 28mm instead of 15. Does it look too wide at all?

Thanks

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on strut/sway bars in regards to offroad capability. Should you avoid installing them if you want to go offroad?

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on strut/sway bars in regards to offroad capability. Should you avoid installing them if you want to go offroad?

I'm not sure what effect strut bars have on off-roading but stiffer sway bars would further limit wheel articulation and make less off-road capable. Stock CX-5 does well off-road for a vehicle not specifically designed for that role.

My GX has this thing called KDSS which actually decouples the sway bar in off-road situations but keeps them secure in on road situations. Of course... just something else to go wrong years down the road on my GX. :)

Here.. Tanabe lift springs
9d9f415189e14435156ff6c3602ae077.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I think the stock 2017 CX5 has built in strutbar?

Here are some pictures from a showroom:
f3171962f290b2218ed4c33e535d140d.jpg
ece61bffe8284e018dc12fde7aacdc08.jpg

Can anybody here confirm the strutbar?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Spoke to a rep from Tanabe USA here is what he said:

This is not anything wed want to bring in. Since this is a part of a completely different series UP210 wed have to bring in more than a few applications to launch it. This is the first inquiry for any UP210 spring weve had or any lifting application for that matter. Yes we understand that the hole off-road/overland thing is big right now, its just not our market or specialty. Wed have to have around 10 applications in high demand to launch something new.

Also, because we havent tested this on a US Market car, there is no guarantee about fitment or how they will ride. All sales would be final.

Also youd need to order from an authorized dealer whom I can refer you to as well. Will let you know.

Last edited:
Back