what to do with dented aftermarket wheels? trying to sell car

meGrimlock

forever waiting
Contributor
:
DC
:
03 Protege ES
Hey all, i bought some Rota Subzero wheels back when there was a group buy on the forum. Hit a pot hole a couple winters back and dented the lip of 2 wheels. I went back to the stock wheels. Now that I'm trying to sell the Protege, How much do you think i'd get for the Rotas set as-is?

1 quote i got for repair is $225 per wheel, which is nearly half of what I paid for the whole set. Should I repair the wheels and eat the cost, or pass it on to the next poor schlub?

Does anybody have any experience with wheel repair in the DC/metro area? Pics if that helps.

bentrim2.jpgbentrim1.jpg
attachment.php
attachment.php

See what you can get for them as scrap aluminum. I would not sell them to anyone who cannot repair them. If a buyer mounts them and has a high-speed blowout, you could be held liable.

they still hold air.

what if i fixed the aftermarket wheels, and sold them with the car? i'd keep the stockers and try to sell them. they're not in the best shape visually but still straight. is the juice worth the squeeze?

Will you test the repaired wheels at your tires' rated max speed? If not, it probably doesn't make sense to risk someone else's life by selling that person a car with untested wheels. Maybe you can get $100 for all 4 as scrap aluminum. (I'm assuming that your insurance company won't cover the damage.)

Back