New to us 2013 Mazda3 just came home... seats?

tulsamal

:
2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring
We have a 2011 CX-9 that we bought new. Has 106k trouble free miles on it right now. So when the wife's VW Golf TDI (2004) started to get too old to trust for an everyday commute car, I looked around and decided a Mazda3 Hatchback would be just right for her. We found a great deal on a 2013 Touring with the six speed manual at Nelson in Tulsa. Went and signed the paperwork today and drove it home.

It's a sweet little car and in great shape. Must have spent a lot of time in a garage and covered parking. The wife was really hoping to get leather but that meant going Grand Touring and the price goes up... and this Touring model showed up and was too good to turn down. The dealership told us they could have a custom leather interior done in the car for $1200... that actually sounds like a good price to me but it is still $1200! The Touring fabric seats are actually a decent material that looks like it is reasonably tough... but we tend to drive our vehicles forever and eventually the seat material starts to give out. (The wife's VW TDI has 370k miles on it now.) The wife looked around and found these custom covers made for a particular vehicle:

http://www.precisionfit.com/seat-covers/fabrics.aspx?AIP=7

They look decent but I know nothing about the company or their product. I'm going from website to website looking at seat covers and it seems like the right thing to do is come here and ask for some recommendations! Anybody want to steer me in the right direction?

She wants floor mats and a cargo tray, bumper guards, etc also... but I can get those from our sponsor up top.

Open to great ideas.

Thank you,

Gregg
Vinita, OK

And I'm already thinking of something else to ask...

On the CX-9, the cargo tray is a fairly small plastic tray that is just for the area behind the second row of seats. If you fold down the second row, you have their backs just waiting for something muddy to be pushed in. We live on 90 acres and she will be stopping places on her way home in the Mazda3 to get livestock feed, etc. So does anybody make plastic panels designed to be mounted on the backs of the second row seats? Then you can fold them up and down and the protection just stays there in place? (I only mentioned the CX-9 because I did see some like that before for it.)

Thanks.

Gregg

I'm happy I've had 92 people view this... just sort of surprised that nobody said anything!

I guess we are going to go ahead and order the Mazda All Weather floor mats for now. From our sponsor. Those look like rubber which is what we want.

But I have no idea yet how to address seat covers.

My 1989 MX6 was 25 years old when I sold it and the fabric seats looked like they were brand new. I used "Tuff Stuff" to clean them every once in a while. My guess is that Mazda still knows how to make very durable fabric seats. If you really have to have some, make sure they ARE custom-fit and very tight. There's nothing worse than loose-fitting covers.
Regarding your CX9: Have you looked at this company's site?

http://www.weathertech.com/products

Back