2017 Mazda cx-5

:
mazda cx-5
When 2017 Mazda cx-5 would be released? Would there be a significant exterior & interior changes?
I'm thinking to buy 16.5 CX-5, but wondering weather new 2017 CX-5 would be released soon with significant changes.

Thanks

Usually, Mazda releases the new models in February -March.

Per the US definition of a model year, a new CX-5 released in February-March of next year would be a 2018, not a 2017. We're already off the normal schedule anyway because of the 2016.5 revision.

Given that Mazda decided to call that revision 2016.5 instead of 2017, they must have some 2017 changes in the works. No idea when we'll see them, though, other than that they'll be before the end of the calendar year unless Mazda has suffered a massive schedule slip.

Last edited:
Probably enlargement of the chrome strip on the front like they did with the 3.

Maybe? Not sure how credible this site or if all speculation. Google Translated

http://carbikenews.xyz/new-cx-5/

"" SKYACTIV-G 2.5T"
Maximum output of 230ps / 5000 rotation
42.8kg.m / 2000 rotation"

I don't think you will ever see the turbo in the CX-5. Sales are good enough without it. If Mazda is smart, they will put the turbo in the Mazda 6, which desperately needs a sales bump.

Per the US definition of a model year, a new CX-5 released in February-March of next year would be a 2018, not a 2017. We're already off the normal schedule anyway because of the 2016.5 revision.

Mazda is different, then other brands. They don't release a new or updated model, every year(2017, 2018). If they change something, they will call it 201x.5.

I would think we should be seeing the '17's by the end of the summer. I got my '16 GT then end of June 2015, so the newer models should be arriving soon.

From what I've heard, changes will be made but nothing major. Everything I've heard is interior changes.

Maybe? Not sure how credible this site or if all speculation. Google Translated

http://carbikenews.xyz/new-cx-5/

"" SKYACTIV-G 2.5T"
Maximum output of 230ps / 5000 rotation
42.8kg.m / 2000 rotation"
That Japanese article is consistent with all other information I've seen from Asia - an "all-new" 2nd-gen CX-5 should be seen at 2016 LA Auto Show as a 2017 MY. And the 250-hp SkyActiv-G 2.5L Turbo would be available on 2nd-gen CX-5.

2nd Gen Mazda CX-5 Could Be Seen in 2016 LA Auto Show!?
All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

That's why there's 2016.5 CX-5 serves as a buffer with some configuration changes and may be added with driver memory seat (but with downgraded 6-way power adjustments) and 6-way power passenger seat as 2016 MY CX-5 has been out for too long, since Feb. 2015!

Usually car manufactures would use new model year with some minor enhancements if there's no major redesigns. In fact, I've never seen a ".5" model year for any vehicles except 2001.5 VW Passat and that was a new design.

I am pretty sure we will see the CX5 in 2017 offer the 2.5L with turbo option. It will probably add $3k to the price tag but it will be available on the T or GT package.

That would make for one fast CX5. I can see it running high 13's or low 14's with the 310HP.
Well it's 250hp, 310 lbs of torque, and no way it breaks into the 13s stock. Now maybe if it really did have 310hp, but it'd still be a stretch... :)

Ovtune has already mapped the cx-9 turbo so you can have it tuned for top end

Try the 2014.5 Camry - no substantial changes over the 2014 model.
That Japanese article is consistent with all other information I've seen from Asia - an "all-new" 2nd-gen CX-5 should be seen at 2016 LA Auto Show as a 2017 MY. And the 250-hp SkyActiv-G 2.5L Turbo would be available on 2nd-gen CX-5.

2nd Gen Mazda CX-5 Could Be Seen in 2016 LA Auto Show!?
All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

That's why there's 2016.5 CX-5 serves as a buffer with some configuration changes and may be added with driver memory seat (but with downgraded 6-way power adjustments) and 6-way power passenger seat as 2016 MY CX-5 has been out for too long, since Feb. 2015!

Usually car manufactures would use new model year with some minor enhancements if there's no major redesigns. In fact, I've never seen a ".5" model year for any vehicles except 2001.5 VW Passat and that was a new design.

I am pretty sure we will see the CX5 in 2017 offer the 2.5L with turbo option. It will probably add $3k to the price tag but it will be available on the T or GT package.

That would make for one fast CX5. I can see it running high 13's or low 14's with the 310HP.

..Which brings me to my next point..don't smoke crack!

Back