Comparison

All depends on needs/wants. Owned a 2013 CX-5 and now own a 2016 CX-3.

My observations in comparing the 2:

CX-3
Pros:
1. Fun to drive
2. Great maneuverability in town, parking lots
3. Slightly better mpg that is easier to attain
4. Looks great inside and out

Cons:
1. Space. Cramped rear seat. Useable but wouldn't recommend sticking someone back there for long periods of time. Luggage space. It's all the space I need most of the time (we also own a Honda Odyssey for our family of 6), but if buying groceries for a family for a week, back seats often go down.
2. Can be tight on space up front depending on the driver. I'm 5'8 and not exactly the slimmest of individuals. I fit just fine. Someone over 6' and 300lbs would probably yearn for more space.

CX-5
Pros:
1. Space. If you need more space then look no further. 4 people were very comfortable for a 12 hour trip. Back seats rarely had to be lowered unless carrying something long
2. Higher driving position. This is an SUV. The CX-3 is more along the lines of a really tall car.

Cons:
1. Still a good looking vehicle but almost looks dated compared to the CX-3, especially the interior design
2. Bose stereo system not as good as the one in the CX-3
3. Seats are wider, but not as comfortable.

After owning the CX-3 for 9 months now, I personally don't miss the CX-5. I love how it handles and drives more like a car. It's just fun. Mine is the GT in soul red with the 18" two-tone rims. I still get looks and comments from people. It is a sharp looking car. My wife loves it too but there are times when she misses the extra space in the CX-5. I don't. Like a lot of things, it kinda comes down to personal preferences. I don't regret trading the CX-5 in at all. I think she does a little but not enough to want to go back.

Back