Thrush muffler replacement vs straigh pipe??

Jforce

:
2004 mazda 3 i
I bought a 2004 mazda 3 with a 2.0 and 5speed trans. The guy had destroyed the stock muffle and was halfway putting on a turbo thrush muffler. And i had to finnish putting it on... For all the pain and agony cause trying to make it fit i was and still am dissopointed with the sound. It sounds almost stock. So inspite of that im jist going to straight pipe it. Does anyone else have there 2.0l mazda 3 straight piped??

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

Do you mean without a muffler AND catalytic converter? I've heard 4 cylinder cars without both and they were excruciatingly loud. My 2.0 MX 5 has a cat and huge Magnaflow muffler and if it were any louder, I'd have to wear ear plugs all the time. Currently, if I have to take the car on a 20+ mile highway trip, I bring earplugs.

Sorry what i mean is just get rid of the muffler all together. Or i think its corksport has a cat back for like 600$.

The nice thing about some cat backs is that they save weight and are more resistant to rust. Many can be installed at home. Also, there should be videos on the vendor's site or YouTube.

I installed the thrush muffler it doesnt sound to bad on the inside idk how it sounds on the outside but its still to quiet haha

Back