2009 5 - noob Bluetooth questions

NCLivingBrit

:
09 Mazda 5 Sport
I just got my first Mazda, a used 2009 5 Sport with the single disc CD player and aux port.

In my previous vehicle I had a Pioneer head unit w iPod integration and USB drive and liked that but the bezel thing on the Mazda prevented me moving it over.

I tried the aux port this weekend with my iPod and got a nasty gum every time the iPod as hooked up to charge, which I have found is apparently an issue. I wasn't too fond of the cables everywhere either, so I want to go a bit more integrated.

Two options present themselves:

Add a Bluetooth unit like the isimple, GTA etc to my existing rig and stream wireless. This seems like it would allow me to use the steering wheel controls for functions?

Get a bezel replacement and swap out the factory unit for my old unit and go back to using that, but this disables the wheel buttons

I'm not too familiar audio stuff in cars, my audio guy has moved to Maine so I'm stuck doing this stuff mysrlf. Recommendations? I'm ok w the standard head unit and like the LCD integration and wheel buttons, but I'm not sure if how hard it will be to install the Bluetooth kit.

Apologies if this has been covered, searching on my phone was a pain in the arse.

Back