Anyone install Apple Carplay on 2013-2015 CX-5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if everyone saw, but Kia just announced older models will be getting Carplay update. Hyundai announced the same a little over a month ago.
COME ON MAZDA, HOOK US UP!

Doesn't this kind of negate that rumor that you need a special Apple authentication chip installed at the hardware level for CarPlay? I mean, the 2014 Kia Soul is getting it. Surely, Hyundai-Kia weren't installing authentication chips in 2014 vehicles, or even 2015 vehicles for that matter.

I really think that Mazda is trying to figure out how to get Android Auto and CarPlay to work with the center console stack, and once it does, it will be made available to everyone with a Mazda Connect system. After all, Mazda is an official Apple partner.

Where did you brought it and did you installed it yourself? I always wants to do something about the head unit, but after all I am not sure again.

I bought it through Best Buy. Got an open box one and saved $125. Went to a local stereo installation place for the install.

Though I would check out Crutchfield website first as it was very informative, has great reviews and will help narrow down your choices. Plus online support if you have any questions.

Just got a 2014 CX5 and looking to install the Alpine ILX700, but wondered if the centre console controls become useless if I do.
For those that have installed CARplay, how well does it integrate with the controls of the car?
Many thanks.

It's depressing to see that 2 years after this thread started Mazda has not yet provided an easy, cheap and seamless way to have Apple Carplay or Android Auto on their cars

Gonna lock this, old bumped thread and also you can't put aa/acp on the original first gen headunit... also please refrain from bumping old threads thst are no longer relevant...there is a sticked thread on this topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back