2016 CX-9 Pricing

Just got home with my brand new GT AWD! If anyone out there is thinking of getting one, do it before the end of the year. After a month of haggling, I ended up getting it for $37,879. Very happy with my deal. And loving the car!

Purchased our first Mazda CX-9 Signature this weekend. We were fortunate to get on a pin required S-Plan for $41,091 before taxes/fees. Pulled trigger on the top of the line for a number of reasons. Wife loves the napa interior, rosewood, fit and finish is superb so far.

First time Mazda owner here. Got a Signature in Snowflake White last night for $40838 before taxes and fees.

Picked up a snowflake white 2016 cx-9 signature last night for $40,200 + taxes/fees. Dealer seemed willing to let go for good price at end of year.

My wife picked up a Titanium 2016 GT tan interior for $39.9K Have to find a big red ribbon. hahaha.

Last edited:
whoa, some people are getting signatures for around $40K ? time to go see my local dealer LOL.
when they first came out I was quoted $45K for signature. I hope they have black leather as an option for 2017 Signature instead of the auburn. But if I can get signature for $40k I can live with the auburn LOL

whoa, some people are getting signatures for around $40K ? time to go see my local dealer LOL.
when they first came out I was quoted $45K for signature. I hope they have black leather as an option for 2017 Signature instead of the auburn. But if I can get signature for $40k I can live with the auburn LOL

Now's the time to get the remaining 2016s as all the models coming out of factory are already '17s with likely less deals and slightly higher interest rates...the 16s remaining will have better discounts as dealers would want to push them out before 17s arrive. I was quoted $1500 less than MSRP with 2.0% financing rate for 4yrs on a 2016 and no discount with 2.5% for same period on a 2017 model. I ended up buying the 2017 Signature trim just because of the depreciation and the 0.5% rate diff came out to only $400 more in cost of borrowing. Overall a $2K hit for getting the 2017 vs 2016 which I am happy with.

Mind you we don't get a lot of deals up here in Cda vs down in the U.S. nor do dealers get a lot of inventory on hand (ave of 4-5 units per dealer) so being able to get one is actually a rarity. Can't really complain when the market here only does 10% of the U.S. market in terms of sale.

Oh and by the way, the Signature trims only come exclusively in the brown nappa leather...no option of getting the black leather other than if you get a GT or other trims even for 2017. The only change Mazda made was adding a sonic silver ext for the Signature trim where before there were only 3 ext colour choices for 2016...now there are 4!

Oh and by the way, the Signature trims only come exclusively in the brown nappa leather...no option of getting the black leather other than if you get a GT or other trims even for 2017. The only change Mazda made was adding a sonic silver ext for the Signature trim where before there were only 3 ext colour choices for 2016...now there are 4!

The US already had Sonic Silver for Signature trim, so that wouldn't really be a change. If Mazda added more driver's seat adjustments and maybe Apple Carplay and/or Android Auto, then the 2017 would be worth waiting for. At least for me, it would be.

The US already had Sonic Silver for Signature trim, so that wouldn't really be a change. If Mazda added more driver's seat adjustments and maybe Apple Carplay and/or Android Auto, then the 2017 would be worth waiting for. At least for me, it would be.

Crikey, I was referring to the changes here in Cda not USA where now we get sonic silver in Signature for 2017 vs 2016. Also I just signed up for the 2017 Signature which I am getting this week and I can say for a fact that there is no diff in features for '17 vs '16 as I have a copy of the product spec sheet from dealer...still no apple carplay/Android auto nor any addition to the current 8 way driver's seat adj. Your best bet for those to be added will likely be 2018 or 2019 models that may also include G vectoring control

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 131
  • image.png
    image.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image.png
    image.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image.png
    image.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image.png
    image.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 140
Actually new CX-9 has 6-way power driver's seat.

I knew that...mazda claimed 8-way but was misleading as they included that with the 2-way lumbar support...bottomline there was no improvement on the '17 vs '16

Crikey, I was referring to the changes here in Cda not USA where now we get sonic silver in Signature for 2017 vs 2016. Also I just signed up for the 2017 Signature which I am getting this week and I can say for a fact that there is no diff in features for '17 vs '16 as I have a copy of the product spec sheet from dealer...still no apple carplay/Android auto nor any addition to the current 8 way driver's seat adj. Your best bet for those to be added will likely be 2018 or 2019 models that may also include G vectoring control

Yes, understood. This means a non-improvement in the US for 2016 to 2017. However, I will wait on official word from Mazda regarding the 2017 model for the US. Heated steering wheel seems like an obvious addition for 2017 in the US since other markets have this feature. Should there be no significant improvements, getting a 2016 with significant savings would be the way to go. The driver's seat adjustments are a deal breaker for me, so no 2016 (and possibly, 2017) for me. May have to, unfortunately, look elsewhere.

is there any mention of adding brake hold feature (for stop and go traffic, can remove foot from pedal to rest, the car will hold still and release hold until you with press brake or gas pedal) to 2017 Cx-9 ? I would have thought that would have been also along with the heated steering wheel, 2017 CX-5 will have brake hold, so it would be logical CX-9 should have too

Image2296.jpg

is there any mention of adding brake hold feature (for stop and go traffic, can remove foot from pedal to rest, the car will hold still and release hold until you with press brake or gas pedal) to 2017 Cx-9 ? I would have thought that would have been also along with the heated steering wheel, 2017 CX-5 will have brake hold, so it would be logical CX-9 should have too

Image2296.jpg

No brake hold unfortunely for the 2017s...would have been nice just like in the Lexus models

Yes, understood. This means a non-improvement in the US for 2016 to 2017. However, I will wait on official word from Mazda regarding the 2017 model for the US. Heated steering wheel seems like an obvious addition for 2017 in the US since other markets have this feature. Should there be no significant improvements, getting a 2016 with significant savings would be the way to go. The driver's seat adjustments are a deal breaker for me, so no 2016 (and possibly, 2017) for me. May have to, unfortunately, look elsewhere.

Heated steering wheel I doubt will be added to '17s in the US market as it was Mazda's decision I heard to give the heated steering wheel here in Cda but no aluminum roof rails. In the US market aluminum roof rails are available but no heated steering wheel...a good or bad trade off? Bottom line is due to cost...

Although there is no button marked "Brake Hold", the same result is obtained by applying the parking brake, then simply stepping on the gas when you are ready to move off. The parking brake will release automatically.

Although there is no button marked "Brake Hold", the same result is obtained by applying the parking brake, then simply stepping on the gas when you are ready to move off. The parking brake will release automatically.

are you sure about this ? I thought it was all four wheel regular brake pads holding the car still when the brake hold is engaged and the driver moves off the brake pedal. and the brake hold system is actually holding down the brake pedal, not engaging the motorized parking. all the youtube brake hold videos show the brake pedal "held down" when the driver releases their foot.

I would think the thin parking brake pads and parking brake motor would wear out super fast.......if it was activated every time in stop and go traffic. I don't think they can handle all that abuse.... I have motorized parking brake in my other car and sometimes I forget to release when I drive and there's a pretty good resistance there like the car telling me "hey idiot, the parking brake is on" the car's not moving....even when I press the gas by accident, there's some frictional resistance like the parking brake screeches for a second until it releases.....

just my opinion, I may be wrong, I don't know enough of the details of the brake hold system.

Last edited:
Heated steering wheel I doubt will be added to '17s in the US market as it was Mazda's decision I heard to give the heated steering wheel here in Cda but no aluminum roof rails. In the US market aluminum roof rails are available but no heated steering wheel...a good or bad trade off? Bottom line is due to cost...

If cost is really the case I understand Mazda's reasoning. I just wish they made heated steering wheel an option in the US. In the SF Bay Area it doesn't get that cold but when I go to Lake Tahoe it gets pretty damn cold sometimes I wish my steering wheel was heated. I see that the roof rails are $420 MSRP but I don't know how much the heated steering wheel costs. Not sure if this is a good trade off.

If cost is really the case I understand Mazda's reasoning. I just wish they made heated steering wheel an option in the US. In the SF Bay Area it doesn't get that cold but when I go to Lake Tahoe it gets pretty damn cold sometimes I wish my steering wheel was heated. I see that the roof rails are $420 MSRP but I don't know how much the heated steering wheel costs. Not sure if this is a good trade off.

In my area where it gets to minus 20deg then yes am glad the heated steering wheel is available and would settle for that than the roof rails. Cost is the only thing i can think of as their reasoning...

Yes. But this is not the brake hold feature

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Back