2016 CX-9 Pricing

US does have the adaptive headlights.
oh boy...here we go again ;)
;)

Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH) ≠ LED Headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS).

ALH is constructed from a matrix of individually dimmable LEDs, each aimed in a different direction. It uses full electronic control with variety of beam patterns for different situation without any mechanical moving parts. On the other hand, AFS uses motors moving headlight projector or reflector up/down and left/right. Just click the link and you'll understand the difference.

I have concerns of longevity on AFS with moving parts. Our 2000 BMW 528i with only 60K miles has HID and auto-leveling. The auto-leveling function no longer works due to these plastic gears moving the projectors constantly broke; worse that leaves both projectors totally loose up and down! The fix is to replace the entire headlight unit which costs thousands from BMW dealer. And the used headlight assembly if I could find one, they all have the same issue!

;)

Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH) ≠ LED Headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS).

ALH is constructed from a matrix of individually dimmable LEDs, each aimed in a different direction. It uses full electronic control with variety of beam patterns for different situation without any mechanical moving parts. On the other hand, AFS uses motors moving headlight projector or reflector up/down and left/right. Just click the link and you'll understand the difference.

I have concerns of longevity on AFS with moving parts. Our 2000 BMW 528i with only 60K miles has HID and auto-leveling. The auto-leveling function no longer works due to these plastic gears moving the projectors constantly broke; worse that leaves both projectors totally loose up and down! The fix is to replace the entire headlight unit which costs thousands from BMW dealer. And the used headlight assembly if I could find one, they all have the same issue!

IIRC, the USDOT or NHTSA or whoever does not allow the adaptive LED lighting over here.

I traded a 2013 CX-5 with 56,000 miles equipped with AFS for my CX-9 GT...never an issue with the AFS.

IIRC, the USDOT or NHTSA or whoever does not allow the adaptive LED lighting over here.

I traded a 2013 CX-5 with 56,000 miles equipped with AFS for my CX-9 GT...never an issue with the AFS.

Correct--the "anti dazzle" headlights are not legal in the US. These are the "true" adaptive highbeams (as opposed to just "automatic" highbeams which toggle between on and off).

Last edited:
There are multiple dealers in our area, but only 2 would budge off of MSRP. I eventually got $1,030 off MSRP for a soul red/sand GT with no dealer add-ons. That was the best I could do.

Newbie here. Just put an order through today in Canada for a 2016 Signature CX-9 in Machine Grey for $48,134 CAD. After taxes etc that would make it about $43k USD exactly...so pretty on par with the US, if you include taxes.

I did a trade-in however which lowers my taxes paid. Think I got a good deal.

Just paid 42,913 + taxes etc for machine gray signature. . Heritage Mazda of Towson - a bit of a drive for me to pick it up but they are by far the easiest to work with over email and text. Jody DeSell is the Internet sales manager and is awesome.

Last edited:
43,990 here before taxes for my Grey Signature. Not the best deal, but this was the exact one I wanted and the only one in the Atlanta area, plus I had to load it up and drive to Tennessee three days later so I couldn't wait around. Gratz to everyone who got a superior price!

Last edited:
Y pay USD 32,000 for a Red Soul GT AWD in MX City. (regular price is 33,000 USD)

Just please notice our units here don't have the high tech package: radar cruise control, lane assistance, etc. Fortunately BSM, Color HUD, NAV, BOSE, AWD, Rear Cross Traffic alert, Backup camera + sensors is available.

I don't know if the Signature will be available with the high tech package because if they sell the Signature in MX at USA prices, with the current exchange rates they will need to pair prices with Infiniti and Acura, maybe more.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm at the dealer now signing the paperwork. MSRP $41270 (GT, white, fwd) negotiated down to $37995 before taxes. Feel pretty good about the deal

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm at the dealer now signing the paperwork. MSRP $41270 (GT, white, fwd) negotiated down to $37995 before taxes. Feel pretty good about the deal

8% off MSRP...that is a good deal for a new model. well done!

yes, that is what he said "Msrp $41270 (gt, white, fwd) " i still think he got a pretty good deal (better than i did with my AWD GT - i only got ~5% off MSRP).

Yeah I was sort of asking why FWD - I feel like that's a bad move in the northeast and with a turbo car but it is a pretty smoking deal.

A terrific deal on a twin to mine.

Congratulations! (yes)

How did you do that? According to TrueCar it was going for 2%over MSRP in southern Cali, I had very little room to negotiate. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

How did you do that? According to TrueCar it was going for 2%over MSRP in southern Cali, I had very little room to negotiate. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
There really isnt enough data on truecar yet cause it's so new. True car showed that all signature trims were going for MSRP as well but I walked away from the dealer and went dark until i got the price i could live with.

I was 45.5k OTD on a signature. I got them to throw in some oil changes, free yearly safety inspections and dealer cost for some roof rails.

I didn't have a trade but no dealership around wanted to really deal. Kept hearing it's a hot car, limited inventory. So I got up and left a couple places.

Overall I am happy with the price and the wife enjoys driving it.

Back