2016 CX-9 Pricing

Since there appear to be 2017 cars posted in here., I'll add mine here as well:

2017 CX-9 Signature (9.25% sales tax)
Machine Gray / Auburn interior

MSRP: 45,550
Sales Price: 41,770
OTD: 46,127

9.25% sales tax?! Time to move outta that state!!

... Time to move outta that state!!

Weather within a few degrees of 70, year round. Living on the beach but able to be skiing at 11,000 feet in five hours. Plenty of high paying jobs available, great neighbors, fun communities.

Why on earth would I spend two seconds worrying about a high sales tax? I could easily see moving to Oregon or Washington just to take the stress level down a couple of notches, but this is my home and I'm quite content.

Last week I was listening to a financial advisor on the radio. He said the biggest mistake people make is to look at small details of single factors in isolation. Selecting a home just because of the sales tax is a great example of that kind of thinking. I've never spent any time in Massachusetts, just driven through. Let me know if you ever want to swap homes for a vacation. We'd be sure to take good care of each other's cars!

And to think these states don't have sales taxes.

Alaska
Delaware
New Hampshire
Montana
Oregon

So a $44K CX-9 sig costs $4,000 less in these states than California (never mind Canada's outrageous taxes^).

First post!
2016 CX-9 Sport Fwd
Machine gray
Heated powered seats/mirrors
Lug locks
MSRP=$33,725
Sales price=$27,534
OTD price=$30,532

Got or from Concord Mazda but was getting a similar deal from elk grove mazda for 2016 in white.

Weather within a few degrees of 70, year round. Living on the beach but able to be skiing at 11,000 feet in five hours. Plenty of high paying jobs available, great neighbors, fun communities.

Why on earth would I spend two seconds worrying about a high sales tax? I could easily see moving to Oregon or Washington just to take the stress level down a couple of notches, but this is my home and I'm quite content.

Last week I was listening to a financial advisor on the radio. He said the biggest mistake people make is to look at small details of single factors in isolation. Selecting a home just because of the sales tax is a great example of that kind of thinking. I've never spent any time in Massachusetts, just driven through. Let me know if you ever want to swap homes for a vacation. We'd be sure to take good care of each other's cars!

I agree...not a fan of taxes that are poorly managed/used, but I've lived in many states with higher taxes and less quality of life. Sure, CA has it's issues, but the weather, outdoors, and food variety and quality are tough to beat.

First post. Greetings from Austin, TX.

2017 Cx9 Grand Touring FWD
Deep Crystal Blue Mica
MSRP $41,565
Sale Price $37,780
Less: loyalty (500)
Tax title etc 2,777
Drive out $40,057

2017 CX-9 GT with Tech
Soul Red + Tan leather

MSRP = $49395
Sale price = $46434
OTD = $52470 with 13% sale tax (~ $38303 US with conversion of $1.37)

All figure in $CDN

When shopping, what's the best way to compare dealers' bids with the deals posted here? Does it make sense to rely on a percentage difference between the bid and Invoice Price, or is relating it to MSRP more reliable?

Also, there are some fees that the dealer adds after offering a sales price. Some are obviously legitimate, like sales tax and motor vehicles department fees, but others are less clear, like document fees, auto preparation fees, delivery fees, etc. Is there an easy way to differentiate between the dealer-added negotiable fees and the fees that are inescapable?

Picked up a 2016 CX-9 Signature. Black with Wheel Locks, All weather Floor Mats, Cargo Mats and Mudflaps. $39800. That included the $2000 customer cash for 2016 Models.

I just got my 2017 GT with a great deal. A lady purchased it, drove 1000 miles and wanted a Signature instead. So, Mazda has to sell it as a "used" vehicle and took 6,800 off the price. It was a great deal and they gave me good $$ on my 2013 GT. I had to drive 120 miles to get it, but it was worth it. I found the key is to keep searching dealers within 200 miles for what you are looking for. I waited 3 weeks for a deal to pop up. They are out there - just have to search.
Good luck!

Back