2016 CX-9 Pricing

yashart_mp3

:
Black Mica MS3
Hello all. I'm wondering how much "wiggle room" people are finding in price negotiations. Me and the Mrs. are planning to purchase a 2016 in the next few weeks, and wanted to see how much success others have had.

The only reference I've seen to price was 42,900 for a signature model (~5% off msrp)

Thanks!

Yashart_mp3, I will chime in to try to help you with your purchase. My wife and I took delivery Tuesday of a 2016 White Snowflake Pearl Mica CX-9 in Signature trim. My vehicle had an MSRP of $45,170 ($200 white paint, $55 wheel locks). I did not have a trade. My OTD total was $45,061.07. This included my 6.75% local tax ($2,878.79). I was also able to take advantage of the $500 Mazda owner loyalty bonus. According to the sales document my purchase price for the vehicle was $42,099.78. Other fees included $299 environmental protection assurance package (AKA paint sealant) which was total BS, $250 documentation fee, and $33.50 temp tag and title fee. The sales document was as follows $42,099.78+$2,878.79+$299+$250+$33.50= $45,561.07. Subtracting $500 Mazda owner loyalty gave me my OTD price of $45,061.07.

I did not have any protracted negotiations to come at this price. I emailed 6-8 local dealers and all but one were basically wanting MSRP or $500 off MSRP. Most of the other OTD quotes were around the $48,500 range. Not having a trade to deal with makes the numbers more honest. My wife loves the vehicle and the interior is miles ahead of other competing vehicles. I hope this helps. Good luck!

I think it's still too early to expect much off of MSRP. TrueCar is probably the best source of data.

Paid my deposit on Aussie AWD 2016 Azami CX9 and delivery is due mid month (official launch is later this week). Prices below are AUD
Vehicle price = $57,627
Options = $1,800 (mats, tow bar, racks, tint)
Registration = $1,230 (includes plates and CTP insurance)
Dealer delivery & stamp duty = $3,500
Taxes $7,000 (includes GST & LCT)

All up with options fitted and on road = AU$71,150

As a comparison, in Sydney, the drive away price of a new Grand Cherokee Limited V6 Diesel without options is AU$73,000.

***Azami is closest in spec to fully optioned GT. Australia doesn't get Napa leather, wood trim, led accent lighting.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you shop a few local dealers and tell them you are positively buying you should be able to get 5% off. The thing is they have only been on the lot for a few weeks. It reminds me of when the Honda Pilot came out mid year last year. Touring and Elites were on the lot for maybe a day or 2 and the vast majority of folks were paying retail for them. If you are willing to order your CX-9 for sure you can get 5% off, maybe just a hint more. I got $2300 off our White Snowflake Pearl Mica Signature model. Had to order so about a 3-4 week lead time but no biggo. Your local market prices may be different but I had a couple dealers willing to take 5% off and then I had my most local dealer that only wanted to take $500 off and did not want to match pricing or even come close. So it's going to vary.

Paid my deposit on Aussie AWD 2016 Azami CX9 and delivery is due mid month (official launch is later this week). Prices below are AUD
Vehicle price = $57,627
Options = $1,800 (mats, tow bar, racks, tint)
Registration = $1,230 (includes plates and CTP insurance)
Dealer delivery & stamp duty = $3,500
Taxes $7,000 (includes GST & LCT)

All up with options fitted and on road = AU$71,150

As a comparison, in Sydney, the drive away price of a new Grand Cherokee Limited V6 Diesel without options is AU$73,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$71K AU is about $55K USD. Insane. Most Americans have no idea how good we have it. Our car prices/taxes etc. are among the lowest in the world. Not to mention our gas prices. But we'll continue complaining.

The prices for the Signature and GT are amazing. What an excellent value compared to that of the competition!
Yashart_mp3, I will chime in to try to help you with your purchase. My wife and I took delivery Tuesday of a 2016 White Snowflake Pearl Mica CX-9 in Signature trim. My vehicle had an MSRP of $45,170 ($200 white paint, $55 wheel locks). I did not have a trade. My OTD total was $45,061.07. This included my 6.75% local tax ($2,878.79). I was also able to take advantage of the $500 Mazda owner loyalty bonus. According to the sales document my purchase price for the vehicle was $42,099.78. Other fees included $299 environmental protection assurance package (AKA paint sealant) which was total BS, $250 documentation fee, and $33.50 temp tag and title fee. The sales document was as follows $42,099.78+$2,878.79+$299+$250+$33.50= $45,561.07. Subtracting $500 Mazda owner loyalty gave me my OTD price of $45,061.07.

I did not have any protracted negotiations to come at this price. I emailed 6-8 local dealers and all but one were basically wanting MSRP or $500 off MSRP. Most of the other OTD quotes were around the $48,500 range. Not having a trade to deal with makes the numbers more honest. My wife loves the vehicle and the interior is miles ahead of other competing vehicles. I hope this helps. Good luck!

i agree - i got ~5% off for a GT AWD as well. they were probably willing to cut another $500-1k off if i were willing to take a different color that they had on the lot, but i was not. i'm sure there will be more wiggle room as inventory grows.

wait, so Bubbadog, you got a Signature AWD trim for $42,099.78 USD???

That's a pretty good deal!! Considering everywhere I called I'm getting quoted $45k for Signature before taxes. you basically paid for a GT and got the Signature real wood, nappa leather, etc, for free......
nice negotiating

Question: Signature only comes with AWD right? Can't get Signature with FWD only?

Last edited:
Wait, so Bubbadog, you got a Signature trim for $42,099.78 USD??? That's a pretty good deal!! Considering everywhere I called I'm getting quoted $45k for Signature before taxes. you basically paid for a GT and got the Signature real wood, nappa leather, etc, for free......
nice negotiating

Question: Signature only comes with AWD right? Can't get Signature with FWD only?

I was able to get 42900 for a signature so there are deals to be had. Keep pursuing them

I was able to get 42900 for a signature so there are deals to be had. Keep pursuing them

thanks very much for the heads up mthouser, even $42,900 is a great price for Signature AWD,
with $500 off Mazda loyalty, looking at $42,400, that's like $2600 off MSRP

yashart_mp3:

I suppose you could say I did buy the car for $42,099.78 minus the $500 Mazda owner loyalty bonus. I had to bring my Miata state registration to the dealership to prove ownership. Other fees paid as described in my previous post for a total with sales tax of $45,061.07. All of the numbers in my previous post were straight off of my purchase document. The other dealers in my area were wanting close to sticker. Good luck with your purchase and I hope my post helps.

Bubbadog damn you got the best deal ever.

what dealership is that. im gonna show them the forum and say match that price and ill buy right now haha

$71K AU is about $55K USD. Insane. Most Americans have no idea how good we have it. Our car prices/taxes etc. are among the lowest in the world. Not to mention our gas prices. But we'll continue complaining.
Car prices are low in the US (but associated taxes may be not). Unfortunately Mazda also eliminated many nice features such as Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH), i-stop, i-ELOOP, etc. for US version CX-9 to save their cost.

New 2016 Mazda CX-9 - Australia

Back