2016 CX-9 Pricing

I'm kind of relieved that there is little bargaining to be done when buying Apple hardware and I'd probably gravitate towards Tesla's model of fixed pricing. But then dealers wouldn't be able to make a killing on the poor buyer who hasn't done their research.

I'm surprised by your Apple reference as they are one of the most profitable companies on the planet. If anyone is making a killing on the poor buyer, or wealthy one, it's them.

Apple Has a far greater profit margin on a MacBook than the average dealer does on a new car transaction. The difference is, people can justify spending $1,000 on a MacBook or $800 on an iPhone but think they get taken advantage of on a $20,000 car.

Once Tesla starts making money on their product, rather than their stock price, they too will be making a killing on their products.

Just purchased a 2017 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD in Machine Gray Metallic with black interior. Wanted to share my pricing breakdown in case it's useful to other potential 2017 buyers:

MSRP: $43,510
Invoice: $41,194
Sale price (including $750 loyalty discount): $39,200
Sales tax (8.7%): $3476
Title/reg fee: $115
Vehicle license fee: $250
Total out-the-door price: $43,041

Used Mazda 1.9% APR promo financing. No trade-in.

So all-in-all I finished with a sale price $1994 under invoice and about 10% under MSRP. I ended up adding on a 9yr/100k Mazda Extended Care Total Protection warranty in the end. They initially wanted around $3000 for it, but they accepted my offer of $1853.

I did all of my negotiating over email with local dealerships over the course of about a week. I ditched a couple of them early on when they wouldn't give me a firm quote. The last couple of dealerships finally told me they couldn't match the offer.
Can you share dealer name and salesperson contact information, please.
I'm in WA, but want to show it to my local dealer to see if they can match it, and if not I'm willing to drive to Portland
Thank you

2017 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD in Machine Gray Metallic with Sand interior in Dallas, TX.

MSRP $41,710
Sales Price $37,495
TT&L $3,126.82
OTD $40,261.87

Currently pricing 2017 and looking for feedback. Best so far is:
2017 cx9 touring, machine grey with premium package. MSRP is $38990. Price from dealer before TTL is $35740.

Good or bad? Not a current Mazda owner so I don't qualify for loyalty discounts.

I'm surprised by your Apple reference as they are one of the most profitable companies on the planet. ...
In some ways it's nice knowing that prices are fixed. Then it just becomes a decision as to which product I want, and I don't have to get involved with bargain hunting and negotiating, even if I am paying a bit more.

Actually, the limited options on the CX-9 made it much easier for me to make a decision because it was easy to compare prices. I originally was looking at the Honda Pilot, and even though I would have eventually gone with the Mazda anyway, the Pilot would have been a nightmare to price shop.

2017 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD in Machine Gray Metallic with Sand interior in Dallas, TX.

MSRP $41,710
Sales Price $37,495
TT&L $3,126.82
OTD $40,261.87

What dealer in Dallas? Looking in FW mid cities now. Best offer so far is $35740 +TTL on a 2017 CX9 Touring FWD machine grey with premium package.

2017 CX-9 Pricing

What dealer in Dallas? Looking in FW mid cities now. Best offer so far is $35740 +TTL on a 2017 CX9 Touring FWD machine grey with premium package.
I know he's dealing with 3 Mazda dealers and Town North Mazda is one of them. Right now there's additional $500 DFW Auto Show Customer Bonus Cash and $750 Mazda Loyality Reward for purchasing a 2017 CX-9.

I know he's dealing with 3 Mazda dealers and Town North Mazda is one of them. Right now there's additional $500 DFW Auto Show Customer Bonus Cash and $750 Mazda Loyality Reward for purchasing a 2017 CX-9.

We ended up going with Town North Mazda in Richardson. We worked with Will and Alex. They were both very nice, quick to respond and offered us a great deal (we think). I would definitely recommend them!

10ib6ep.jpg

Last edited:
2017 CX-9 Pricing

We ended up going with Town North Mazda in Richardson. We worked with Will and Alex. They were both very nice, quick to respond and offered us a great deal (we think). I would definitely recommend them!

10ib6ep.jpg
Congrats for finding a new vehicle you want with a good price! Could you give us more detail of your new 2017 CX-9 (trim level、packages、colors)? I like Town North Mazda a lot and the business is running in an old fashioned way. Many salesmen work there for a long time. Richard Blye the salesman and Alex Tsvang the sales manager are very nice and reasonable; most of all they provide excellent service even after the sale! When we bought our CX-5 and we wanted an AWD, but none of the local dealers had it and none of them were willing to special order one with a discounted price. But Alex was the only one who was willing to do it, and used his internal system found an exact one we want at Mazda's port of entry, so that I could get President's Day $500 Bonus Rebate in time with VIN number. The other thing was Texas State misspelled the name on our title. Town North Mazda simply resubmitted the title application with fees paid by them. They didn't even bother to ask us for additional title fees although the fault was not on them and us!

BTW I did stop by on Friday and mentioned to Alex someone from Mazdas247 might come over looking for a 2017 CX-9, and told him if that happens, make sure to give him the best possible price! :)

Look for Victor Bernal the service consultant as he's very nice and knowledgeable if you ever need any services there. And turn on your oil life monitor ASAP to set your Maintenance Monitor on oil change to "Flexible". When your CX-9 reaches around 5,000 miles and needs the first oil change, make sure to ask for "Full Synthetic" 5W-30 oil for your hard-working turbo engine.

Congrats for finding a new vehicle you want with a good price! Could you give us more detail of your new 2017 CX-9 (trim level、packages、colors)? I like Town North Mazda a lot and the business is running in an old fashioned way. Many salesmen work there for a long time. Richard Blye the salesman and Alex Tsvang the sales manager are very nice and reasonable; most of all they provide excellent service even after the sale! When we bought our CX-5 and we wanted an AWD, but none of the local dealers had it and none of them were willing to special order one with a discounted price. But Alex was the only one who was willing to do it, and used his internal system found an exact one we want at Mazda's port of entry, so that I could get President's Day $500 Bonus Rebate in time with VIN number. The other thing was Texas State misspelled the name on our title. Town North Mazda simply resubmitted the title application with fees paid by them. They didn't even bother to ask us for additional title fees although the fault was not on them and us!

BTW I did stop by on Friday and mentioned to Alex someone from Mazdas247 might come over looking for a 2017 CX-9, and told him if that happens, make sure to give him the best possible price! :)

Look for Victor Bernal the service consultant as he's very nice and knowledgeable if you ever need any services there. And turn on your oil life monitor ASAP to set your Maintenance Monitor on oil change to "Flexible". When your CX-9 reaches around 5,000 miles and needs the first oil change, make sure to ask for "Full Synthetic" 5W-30 oil for your hard-working turbo engine.

Yes, they were very eager to make us happy and to choose them. I love that in customer service industries. (Side rant: it seems like no one actually "tries" in sales anymore. Some of the dealerships just seemed so apathetic as to whether we bought there.)

As far as the car:
Grand Touring FWD
No packages, the GT comes pretty standardly equipped
Machine Gray Metallic exterior paint
Sand Beige interior
Dealer installed front window tint at 35%

Luckily our car had virtually no miles, so remembering when it hits 5k miles should be easy 😋

Ultimately we had a trade in ($2,350) that brought us down to $37,796 OTD

2017 CX-9 Pricing

Yes, they were very eager to make us happy and to choose them. I love that in customer service industries. (Side rant: it seems like no one actually "tries" in sales anymore. Some of the dealerships just seemed so apathetic as to whether we bought there.)

As far as the car:
Grand Touring FWD
No packages, the GT comes pretty standardly equipped
Machine Gray Metallic exterior paint
Sand Beige interior
Dealer installed front window tint at 35%

Luckily our car had virtually no miles, so remembering when it hits 5k miles should be easy 😋

Ultimately we had a trade in ($2,350) that brought us down to $37,796 OTD
Great comment! And very nice color and we really don't want all black interior in Texas! While we as consumers would like to get a product at lowest price possible, but I feel the good attitude and service are still important on sales. I know Town North normally wouldn't offer you the lowest price in our area, but they usually can match low offers from others, along with a good service. That's good old fashioned way doing the business and I thought this's missing nowadays as the online shopping is so popular! I once suggested a forum member living in Burleson coming to Town North to special order a CX-5 GT AWD as he wanted all packages from factory and accessaries installed at Mazda's port of entry in LA. But he felt Town North in Richardson is too far and went to a dealer in Arlington instead. The result was he did get a CX-5 exactly he wanted, but the salesman got fired and he no longer trusted this dealer for several screw-ups.

Check page 6-5 for Schedule 1 maintenance in your owner's manual and there's "Flexible" oil change interval many people may not be familiar with. By using engine oil flexible maintenance interval you can change oil when a wrench indicator is on. The maximum interval is 12 months or 7,500 miles, although you can change the oil earlier than that if you feel more comfortable and reset the monitor after the oil change. This's a good oil life indicator for our reference and on CX-5 it shows percentage of oil life left too. The on-board computer in the vehicle "calculates the remaining oil life based on engine operating conditions. The vehicle lets you know when an oil change is due by illuminating the wrench indicator light in the instrument cluster. More details on page 6-19 for Maintenance Monitor.

You may consider to tint Llumar Air Blue on your windshield as suggested by others in your thread when Texas summer comes and you feel there's a need. Or something more expensive I saw at Town North which is very effective to stop the heat.

Just got my CX-9

yrwei52/NovCruisin -- Thanks for your help! Just purchased a 2017 CX-9 from Will. Great experience. They were very easy to work with and they gave us the best price without the hassle. All done via email. Looking forward to driving my new Mazda! Deal specs below if anyone is interested.

2017 CX-9 FWD Touring - Premium Package
Machine Gray / Black interior
Sales Price: 34,990 + TTL = $37,591 OTD

MSRP was $38,995

Last edited:
yrwei52/NovCruisin -- Thanks for your help! Just purchased a 2017 CX-9 from Will. Great experience. They were very easy to work with and they gave us the best price without the hassle. All done via email. Looking forward to driving my new Mazda! Deal specs below if anyone is interested.

MSRP was $38,995

Awesome! So glad to hear you went with them. They really were very easy to work with. They are unexpectedly getting a lot of traffic through Mazdas247 😀

2017 CX-9 Pricing

MSRP was $38,995
Awesome! So glad to hear you went with them. They really were very easy to work with. They are unexpectedly getting a lot of traffic through Mazdas247 😀
Glad members in DFW area are happy on their purchase of CX-9's from Town North Mazda! You can also talk to Richard Blye the salesman there and he is an excellent person and easy to deal with too!

Negotiating with dealer right now.
-2016 AWD CX9 snowflake white pearl mica with black interior
-Splash guards
-Trailer hitch classII with four pin trailer connector
-Mobile Start
-Soft cargo liner
-Roof rail with 2 crossbars

So far best price $39,688 before TTL

Does this sound like a deal?

What is 4DR option? He said some of the GT comes with it. Is it standard in GT?

Hello everyone...first post on the forum (so be gentle).

My wife and I have a 2004 Sienna LE AWD with almost 120k that we are getting ready to move on from...been trying to talk about moving away from a minivan with the next care, but the only SUV she would even consider is the CX-9 (yay!). One of the good things is the CX-9 not havint all of the lux0o goodies is actually a good thing as she wants NONE of them - just a Sport model (no leather seats for her).

There seem to be a TON of GT and Signature posts in this thread...and idea of what I should expect to pay for a Sport with AWD and the power seat option?

Thanks!

... what I should expect to pay for a Sport with AWD and the power seat option? ....

Take a look at Kelley Blue Book ( kbb.com ) and then compare their numbers with the discounts from MSRP and Invoice Cost that have been reported in this forum. Try to do your shopping through email, make sure you're getting firm bids and comparing apples with apples, and don't bring any other factors (like extended warranty or trade-in) into the discussion until you have found the dealer with the best price.

Since there appear to be 2017 cars posted in here., I'll add mine here as well:

2017 CX-9 Signature (9.25% sales tax)
Machine Gray / Auburn interior

MSRP: 45,550
Sales Price: 41,770
OTD: 46,127

Back