2016 CX-9 Pricing

Bought our CX-9 GT AWD Pearl White 2016 for $39,495 + TTL - Doc Fees for OoD of $42,237 & Mazda was offering 0%@36months or 0.9%@60 months; listed MSRP was $43,070.

So want opinion on a CX-9 Signature. I actually found one that is used. It has 5700 miles on it only and dealer is asking $38,000 for it before TTL and doc fees.

I know this seems like a great deal for a Signature, but no idea if this is reasonable price factoring in the mileage on it as car is too new to get a "used car" price. Benefit also here I realize is that it is a certified pre-owned so get additional warranty coverage that comes with that. Planning on buying it but just wanted opinion on whether people think there is more wiggle room here or not?

One other thing I want to mention is that I can get Mazda's S-Plan pricing through company I work for which also factors in here in some way.

Last edited:
So want opinion on a CX-9 Signature. I actually found one that is used. It has 5700 miles on it only and dealer is asking $38,000 for it before TTL and doc fees.

I know this seems like a great deal for a Signature, but no idea if this is reasonable price factoring in the mileage on it as car is too new to get a "used car" price. Benefit also here I realize is that it is a certified pre-owned so get additional warranty coverage that comes with that. Planning on buying it but just wanted opinion on whether people think there is more wiggle room here or not?

One other thing I want to mention is that I can get Mazda's S-Plan pricing through company I work for which also factors in here in some way.

Sounds like a demo unit...to me I will never buy a demo unit as no matter how you spin it it is still a used or pre owned vehicle. If you are considering then suggest a much lower price. We were also offered a 2016 GT demo for $3K off but I declined it...if you plug in the values (mileage, year & condition) in blackbook or KBB you'll be surprised at the price due to the depreciation. So in fairness to you you should pay based from the depreciated value. Remember it is a 2016 so technically it is already a year old.

Sounds like a demo unit...to me I will never buy a demo unit as no matter how you spin it it is still a used or pre owned vehicle. If you are considering then suggest a much lower price. We were also offered a 2016 GT demo for $3K off but I declined it...if you plug in the values (mileage, year & condition) in blackbook or KBB you'll be surprised at the price due to the depreciation. So in fairness to you you should pay based from the depreciated value. Remember it is a 2016 so technically it is already a year old.

+1

I got my Signature a month ago for $40.8K before TTL and if I remember correctly someone here got a Signature for just below $40K shortly after I got mine. Some folks might be OK in this scenario but there is no way I'd buy a "used car" with 5700 miles for $2K less than the brand new car price.

Is it a Mazda CPO warranty? Or from the dealer? If it's from Mazda, I'd certainly consider it -- I own a BMW CPO. But you need to go on TrueCar, and see what price you could negotiate on a new Signature model. Then, take TrueCar's best price, and knock $2-3k (or more...) off of that to get you into what's a decent range, IMO.

+1

I got my Signature a month ago for $40.8K before TTL and if I remember correctly someone here got a Signature for just below $40K shortly after I got mine. Some folks might be OK in this scenario but there is no way I'd buy a "used car" with 5700 miles for $2K less than the brand new car price.

You got one amazing price at $40.8k.

I'm seeing around $42.5k right now with S-Plan and loyalty. Not good enough to make me move for the car right now, especially when they are still only selling model year '16 models...

Is it a Mazda CPO warranty? Or from the dealer? If it's from Mazda, I'd certainly consider it -- I own a BMW CPO. But you need to go on TrueCar, and see what price you could negotiate on a new Signature model. Then, take TrueCar's best price, and knock $2-3k (or more...) off of that to get you into what's a decent range, IMO.

It's Mazda CPO. I DID go to truecar and the $38k is about $2-3k below lowest price on Truecar. Of note here there has so far been no negotiation as yet on with dealer on thus $38k price.

Hi, I am new to the forum as you can see but I am considering replacing my 08 BMW 528xi with CX9. My local dealer quoted me 39,5 for new 2016 CX9 GT with 60 months 0% interest. I was curios if this was a good price or they can do better. I am not on a hurry and I will miss the heated steering wheel so waiting for the 2017 may be a better for me. The other option is to purchase used X5 with 20k miles. Anyone coming from BMW here, any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot!

another dealer quoted me : $38968 including destination and 0% financing for up to 63 months

Looking at a 2016 AWD Signature.

Looks like you guys are getting some amazing deals. Currently talking to a dealer that will match any dealers quote....

Can someone that has gotten offers for $40k send me their dealer/sales rep information? Would be appreciated!

Thanks for posting here. Trying to decide whether paying the premium for Signature is worth it? I'm concerned the safety features like lane departure and auto braking will get in the way of my driving...can these be turned off (individually) by the driver if they turn out to be not fun?

I am also waiting until the 2017s are at dealers ...shouldn't we see better discounts on '16s then? Wonder how long before '17s come out...

Thanks for posting here. Trying to decide whether paying the premium for Signature is worth it? I'm concerned the safety features like lane departure and auto braking will get in the way of my driving...can these be turned off (individually) by the driver if they turn out to be not fun?

I am also waiting until the 2017s are at dealers ...shouldn't we see better discounts on '16s then? Wonder how long before '17s come out...

This all depends on the buyer whether Sig trim is worth the extra money...to me I went with the Sig trim as I wanted the brown nappa leather and the few extra features...are they worth it? Again that depends on the buyer...with regard to the auto braking and LDW/LKA these systems are non intrusive in my experience. So far the SCBS hasn't activated on me yet in my 1-month of driving and these safety aids weren't deal breakers to me. You can actually turn them off if you find them annoying. Yes, that makes sense that you'll get a better deal on the '16s once the 17's arrive which accdg to some posts they should be expected starting later this month.

2016 CX-9 Grand Touring, AWD, Machine Gray, Sand
Retail $43,170
Invoice $40,872
Kelley Blue Book Fair Purchase Price $40,332 to $41,683, suggested $40,995
TrueCar average $42,065 Exceptional Price $40,610 Great Price $41,890 Good Price $42,803
The local salesperson whispered in my ear that they were going to "save me some time" and told me to just get the TrueCar price and they would match it after rebates! $40,455 - No thanks.

12/19/16 Paid $39,836 total before tax and license, and before $735 rebate.
Worked out the deal through email, took about 30 minutes for the paperwork with no up-selling.
AJ at Capistrano Mazda, Capistrano Beach California (he picked me up at the train station)
949-345-0839

Last edited:
2016 CX-9 Grand Touring, AWD, Machine Gray, Sand
Retail $43,170
Invoice $40,872
Kelley Blue Book Fair Purchase Price $40,332 to $41,683, suggested $40,995
TrueCar average $42,065 Exceptional Price $40,610 Great Price $41,890 Good Price $42,803
The local salesperson whispered in my ear that they were going to "save me some time" and told me to just get the TrueCar price and they would match it after rebates! $40,455 - No thanks.

12/19/16 Paid $39,836 total before tax and license, and before $735 rebate.
Worked out the deal through email, took about 30 minutes for the paperwork with no up-selling.
AJ at Capistrano Mazda, Capistrano Beach California (he picked me up at the train station)
949-345-0839

Paid 45800$ here in Canada (34,988$ US + taxes) ALL inclusive for GT Tech Package AWD 2017 CX9. Metalic Gray. It does come with heated steering wheel.(dance)

Back