My 35000 mile review

ductman

:
Mazda CX 5 2016
I have a 2016 GT FWD, I obviously drive a lot , will have about 36k in one year , so far , knock wood , I have no issues other than a peeling steering wheel which maybe one day the dealer will get in ( has been on back order for about 2 months ) , my gas mileage has never reached more than 28 on the high way but other than that no problems, will probably replacing the tires soon, no unusual wear at all nor vibrations, a great highway cruiser with comfortable seats ( have driven over 500 miles, no discomfort at all ) , AC is freezing cold, I do wish for maybe 25 additional HP, I came from a 2014 Subaru XT , that engine would be perfect in the CX5, no trips to the dealer other than the fuel filler recall and a software update for the Nav, hopefully will make it to 100k with no issues.

What do you mean by peeling steering wheel? The leather? Did you treat it w/anything? I am thinking about purchasing a cover for mine.

Our 2016 GT has 31k on it and I noticed this area of my steering wheel is starting to look dry / wearing out too.

I also have a slight peeling to the left of the navigation bezel. The bezel I was going to mention to the dealer soon, but I was wondering the same thing about the wheel if there is anything to treat it with to stop it from getting worse.

Weird thing is I more often hold the wheel down by the bottom.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 182
ductman I think you deserve to buy yourself a steering wheel wrap...but not just any wrap....a batman wrap.

41XRZ3NW33L.jpg

Back