JDM fs9 swap into p5(HOW TO GET MOST HP NA)

P5_2003_tuner

Tune it to Boost it
:
2003 mazda protege FS hatchback
After installing some upgrades to my daily driver, the head gasket is now leaking and I need to think about a swap soon. I plan on doing an outside build for boost, but the fs-ze NA will have to do for now. I'm a noob with mazdas and I know there is a lot of info out there on different ways to get close to the 170hp without switching the wiring harness or ECU. I just cant seem to find any solid advice and I'm ready to order this crate motor but I'm not sure what else is needed. stand alone? Thanks for the help I just really need some knowledgeable advice on this, till I can start my build.

No, you'd have to swap out the Ecu for the MP3 to squeeze out most of the fsze power. Also ordering a fsze engine you would need to swap over all of the sensors with the fsde so your harness will plug and play with no codes.

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. I read all kinds of stuff about switching cams and intake, but I wasn't sure. should the stock tranny be good or does the mp3 have more applicable gear ratios for the fsze motor?

Thanks for the link, it looks legit, but a bit more expensive then the mp3 ecu right? I don't mind paying a little extra if its worth it though

The mp3 ecu will only just run the fsze. In order to take full advantage, you'll need a standalone. And all 3rd Gen proteges have the same gear ratios.

Thanks for the help and information guys. Will let you know how it goes when I get it all going.

Do you think a throttle body spacer is worth bolting on or are there any other bolt-ons, or must haves I should add to gain performance?? I have headers, CAI, Stag1 Clutch, Aluminum flywheel, cat back exhaust, performance wires, coils, plugs. I just want to have everything ready to go at the same time and know what I'm looking at price wise. FYI I emailed those guys about the ECU programming kit and never heard back.

I'm not sure about the Ecu but I have almost everything in my "you know what needs to be a sticky" thread to up the performance. Other than upping the compression ie fsze you can use the fsze cams on the fsde.

Back