The Dream (JustJme)

Well i bit the bullet and ordered my turbo parts xD before getting it resprayed :( ahhh well will be nice to put some SI's in their place haha. will post updates soon

yeah its cx racing kit. was nice and easy to install. Turbo is a gt2871 and the ecu is just the stock msp i need to acquire a ssafc or a stand alone :)

Last edited:
sooooo i think I've spun a bearing or blown a ring ...............sigh car still runs but really rough on idle and splutters threw the gears. Read on a couple of thread maybe a potential alternator????

... :( ahhh well will be nice to put some SI's in their place haha...

You should borrow one of your planes from work and buzz a few Honda's...

You can shatter their glass if you to fast enough !!!

So after a lot of fault invest and thinking what it could be it turns out my issue was a spark plug gap had closed up causing my misfire symptoms. *phew* saved me a $800 bill for a new engine haha also found out my compression is 150-155 across all 4 cylinders :) . Now onto saving for a new gearbox as mine currently has 180k and i need a new one. Its just never ending ahah.

not a clue to be completely honest with you. I would like to hope not considering the engine has about 70k on it. Im just happy that its not a new engine im having to buy at the start of the new year haha. Would i get any obvious symptoms to the vics not operating correctly if a screw was to have come lose?

Anyone got some insight into alternators? Just that mine is going bad and napa have 2 for the mazda protege5 a 40amp and an 80amp. Now my question is would the 80 cause me any issues or just keep everything running at say 110%? would it cause anything long term to breakdown/malfunctiion? blow a fuse etc??

A lot of people find our stock alternator underpowered at 77 amps.
The 80 amp is probably your best option.

I didn't know there was a 40 amp option... A lot of guys went with the 140 amp version... Especially when they installed a stereo.

Last edited:
Back