Next car suggestion please

BMW X5 offers 3rd row seating, but it's very tight and only for kids IMO. Besides, X5 carries much higher sticker price which definitely over your budget. X5 also is assemblied in the USA and the reliability is not too good. Performance and handling is the first grade even with its base 300hp turbo in-line six. Just don't keep it for long to avoid high maintenance and repair costs.

really? My dad's X5 doesn't have 7 seats, I asked the dealership they said X5 don't have 7 seats anymore.

really? My dad's X5 doesn't have 7 seats, I asked the dealership they said X5 don't have 7 seats anymore.
Yes, the new 3rd-gen 2016 BMW X5 still offers 3rd row seating as an option. 3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension costs you $1,700 MSRP.

The base prices for 2016:

X5 sDrive35i RWD $54,700 MSRP
X5 xDrive35i Intelligent AWD - $57,000 MSRP
X5 xDrive35d Diesel Intelligent AWD - $57,700 MSRP

X5 is expensive and offers so many optional features. You're not going to find an X5 with 3rd-row seat easily at any BMW dealers as the price is getting too high for dealers to order one for their inventory. The best bet is to special order one, pick-and-choose too-many packages and options carefully.

BMW-X5-Third-Generation-Third-Row-Seats.jpg

Friends don't let friends drive entry level small German luxury cars with U.S. spec halogen reflectors unless they themselves like entry level small German luxury cars with U.S. spec halogen reflectors.

Reminder to OP, getting a German luxury car with halogens is a fail. Defeats the purpose of luxury. Good thing the "stripped" down 37k A4 doesn't have halogens. Looking at you BMW of USA.

my budget is 40k to 50k (MAX).

Why get new? With that budget, you could get so much more car if you get an Off Lease/lightly Used vehicle.

A loaded CX-9 would probably bust that budget as well, and then you're getting into 2-3 year old X-5 territory (which has 3 row seating).

Autotrader search with price point and 3d row seating

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...eCode1=BMW&maxPrice=50000&minPrice=40000&mmt=

Friends don't let friends drive entry level small German luxury cars with U.S. spec halogen reflectors unless they themselves like entry level small German luxury cars with U.S. spec halogen reflectors.

Reminder to OP, getting a German luxury car with halogens is a fail. Defeats the purpose of luxury. Good thing the "stripped" down 37k A4 doesn't have halogens. Looking at you BMW of USA.

You should look at the folks that step into these without the means to build them out they way they should. I'm on the market for the M4 ZCP, no way do I get it without every package and LED lights.

Last edited:

Audi A4 is well equipped with lots standard features. Yep, I won't buy any entry luxury car with halogen headlight, so every car I look I will get a lighting package or at least HID headlight.

Why get new? With that budget, you could get so much more car if you get an Off Lease/lightly Used vehicle.

A loaded CX-9 would probably bust that budget as well, and then you're getting into 2-3 year old X-5 territory (which has 3 row seating).

Autotrader search with price point and 3d row seating

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...eCode1=BMW&maxPrice=50000&minPrice=40000&mmt=

You should look at the folks that step into these without the means to build them out they way they should. I'm on the market for the M4 ZCP, no way do I get it without every package and LED lights.

I like new car, HAHA. Used car is not option for me, I don't trust used cars. Also, I already have a 2016 X5 in my family lot, I just don't have third row seat option in the X5.

I like new car, HAHA. Used car is not option for me, I don't trust used cars. Also, I already have a 2016 X5 in my family lot, I just don't have third row seat option in the X5.
I'd save enough money getting a new car too as I don't trust used car either which has too many unknown factors. One way you can do is to trade your 5-seater X5 in for a 7-seater X5; or settle for a new 5-seater Jaguar F-Pace which is beautiful and powerful if you're willing to consider a problematic Audi A4!

The new A4 is pretty good although I would cross shop it with a new or Certified Lexus IS 200T.

Back