Mazda Premacy 2004 crank but no start

andacb

:
Mazda Premacy 2004
Hello,

First of all I would like to thank everyone in advance who would take the time to read the long problem description and try to help at least by giving their opinions. Here is my problem:

My friend has a Mazda Premacy 2004 with 1.9 gasoline engine. It is a manual gearbox car. The car has been left with an empty battery during the last 6 months. During that period, it has been started manually (by battery wiring to another car) once and it worked fine. Last week, after charging the battery in wrong polarization (yes, +/- put reverse to the battery charger by mistake, and yes, you can reverse charge and reverse polarize a battery if it is totally empty), my friend connected the battery as it is (with reverse poles connected - meaning + was connected to minus wire of the car and minus was connected to plus wire of the car), the car did not respond. He tried couple of times (without knowing this reverse polarization) and nothing..

When I checked the car and and found out the battery was reverse, I started checking the system in general. The main fuse (100A) was blown. I replaced it with a new one and tried with a new battery. The car cranks, however no start. I checked the fuel pump, there was no sound, so, I opened the pump cover, tested the pump manually. The pump works fine. Wiring to the pump is fine too (and yes, there is gasoline in the tank). Then I checked the fuse boxes. All fuses in the interior of the car are fine. At the fuse box under the hood, I started checking the fuel pump relay. I clicks (it works). However, the problem is, there is no electric coming to the fuel pump and the "MAIN" relays. The fuel pump relay gets the electric to the electromagnet (which closes and opens the relay), however, the opening/closing circuit, which suppose to take the electric to the pump, does not have any electric on it. I even tried to manually make the pump work, while I tried to start the car, but nothing. Then I checked the "MAIN" relay. There, there is neither a click nor electric in the main circuit. I tried to manually close the circuit of the main relay, but still, on the main circuit that the relay closes/opens, doesn't have electric.

Questions that appear in my mind:

- Could this be immobilizer? When I put the immobilizer module of the car, the engine does not even crank. I put it back and it cranks without start. How to test the immobilizer? Is there a way to override it temporarily to see if it causes the "no start" problem?

- The spark plug connectors (3-pin cables) have 1 pin 12V but nothing on other two. Does this mean that there is also no electric sent to spark plugs? Meaning that, could this be again the immobilizer?

- The starter works, the fuel pump does not get electric (although the relay works) and the MAIN relay is not even clicking (or having any electric on the opening/closing circuit). Is this also typical to immobilizer or not?

- Does a reverse plugging of battery cause immobilizer damage?

- As an addition, I have to tell that I also disconnected the light module around the foot well of the driver's side. The reason for it was, that the head lights do not function at all (although the fuses and relays are fine - and the emergency lights function) and when I leave the module connected, it keeps the "day lights" (not head lights) on. Does this show any specific problem, or is it just that the module needs to be changed?

I also thought to check the connectors that feeds to the fuse box under the hood, meaning all the wiring that comes from inside of the car to the fuse box under the hood, however I do not have the diagrams to check if all cables, that suppose to feed some electric etc. do their jobs or not..

Please provide any feedback as it comes to your mind. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance..

Andac

Back