the p5nugget

wife took the car to work today. based on her commute, the car most likely rolled over 200k this morning. woot woot.

So you're saying your wife rolled the car over on her way to work an your happy about it ??
I guess you had enough of the car and the wife ??
lol

Lol you stupid. The mileage. The mileage!!!

Ohh,.. OK.

I was wondering how she managed to roll it 200 thousand times...
She would have had to be going real fast !!

Last edited:
missed, 200,000 so here's 200,200. didn't own it for too long but proud to say it runs better than i first got it!

IMG_2461-XL.jpg

that would be cool. we'll see though. as much as i'd like to keep it, might end up getting something newer

that would be cool. we'll see though. as much as i'd like to keep it, might end up getting something newer

Don't Do It !!
Your car could easily get over 300,000 miles if you take care of it and it isn't a rust bucket.

If you ever sold it you'd miss it and want it back.
Our car is fun !!

You don't gotta sell me on the facts or the idea lol. Why do you think I have two protgs? The p5 being my fourth one

Last edited:
So I noticed a blob of grease on my rim last week and until I finally went to clean it today, I didn't make the connection that it could've came from the outer tie rod boot. Why do the non grease-able ones seem like they last longer? Guess I know what I'll be doing on Monday.

IMG_2531-L.jpg

Is your tie rod end worn out or just messy ??
I like the greasable ones for my climate I just pump the grease until it oozes out then wipe off the excess.

I bought a grease needle so I can pump all the different boots full of grease.

Just thinkin...
The non greasable tie rod and other joints with boots can be sealed to keep crap out but the greasable ones have to let the old grease out when you pump in new stuff.

Another thing is that your boot is leaking from the bottom and perhaps the grease swelled the boot.
Perhaps a rubber safe grease would prevent swelling.

You could be correct. I have not checked for play since I was on my way out of the house. That will have to wait

You could be correct. I have not checked for play since I was on my way out of the house. That will have to wait

It's probably fine, they're supposed to leak.
(But at the top near the pin not the bottom)

I've found the "non serviceable" joints & boots don't have any grease in the boots. They're full of air, then salty water then the ball joint rusts, so I completely fill my boots with grease.

On a related side note.. I remember crawling under my 83 GLC and spraying it down with 10W30 then my boots on the P-brake cables swelled and turned to mush.

(PS.. The 10W30 didn't work very well as an undercoating... It was dry after a couple of months.)

Haha for future reference, what is a rubber safe grease you recommend?

Haha for future reference, what is a rubber safe grease you recommend?

I dunno ??
I don't even have any.
I'm just going by this...

Apparently you need Mazda part # 49 0259 770B. lol

Actually, as far as I know, rubber safe grease is 100% synthetic.
Regular grease is made from oil and so is regular rubber so they melt into each other.

I believe neoprene and polyurethane are oil and grease proof.

I do have some synthetic caliper grease which didn't seem to swell my rubber caliper boots.

Back