the p5nugget

If you need help installing lowering springs or coilovers let me know lol. Done it so many times

I definitely wanna get it dropped a little. Ive helped a friend do coils so I was gonna tackle it in my apartment parking lot or at work. But Im waiting until I get wheels

replaced the negative battery terminal on the car last weekend. the car cut off on me while driving and luckily i just left my house and was close to home. with no power, i couldn't use my windows or hazards lol. turned into a neighborhood and jiggled the negative battery terminal and the car came on so went home asap. the old terminal was corroded, cracked, and lose even when tightened all the way. had a spare terminal on hand so i replaced it. plan on replacing the other one too soon as preventative maintenance.

2018-07-21%2020%3A57%3A57.012-M.jpg

2018-07-21%2020%3A54%3A28.669-M.jpg

manzo header's are in. it looks good to me? i've never owned any other header to compit didn't come with the donut gasket that you see in the pictures. i put that on there. going to pick up some hardware and soak the bolts with some pb blaster. will aim to tackle this job on monday.

IMG_2254-XL.jpg

IMG_2256-XL.jpg

IMG_2259-XL.jpg

IMG_2258-XL.jpg

wipe it down with alchohol napkin after you finish rubbing oil all over it with your fingers installing it or it'll turn weird purple color pattern wherever you touched it when it heats up running it the first time.............

Looks like a nice piece!

Man you're getting me pumped for my own header installation. Can't wait for the midpipe + cat and the header to arrive.

Guess I should go and get some PB blaster for the bolts too, huh?

I swear that at one point, I was told that there are special O2 sensor wrenches or sockets we should use. Is that true?

Looks like a nice piece!

Man you're getting me pumped for my own header installation. Can't wait for the midpipe + cat and the header to arrive.

Guess I should go and get some PB blaster for the bolts too, huh?

I swear that at one point, I was told that there are special O2 sensor wrenches or sockets we should use. Is that true?

Yes and no. I've had luck with just a normal open wrench on the msp's o2 sensor. Will not know if the p5's o2 sensor will give me trouble or not until next week.

Last edited:
got the header on. hardest part was getting the egr nut back on cause it was slightly off on the header. i honestly didn't know how i got it on there. took me about an hour just to get that stupid nut on. took about 3 hours total

IMG_2341-XL.jpg

IMG_2353-XL.jpg

IMG_2342-XL.jpg

IMG_2345-XL.jpg

IMG_2349-XL.jpg

IMG_2351-XL.jpg

IMG_2347-XL.jpg

the life saver tool for all stubborn hardware.

Very pretty! Any initial impressions on your car's power or sound?

And also...you didn't have a problem with the header -> midpipe connection, did you?

Very pretty! Any initial impressions on your car's power or sound?

And also...you didn't have a problem with the header -> midpipe connection, did you?

soundwise about the same. power? a tiny bit peppier and free flowing feeling. most likely from going from a clogged pre-cat to no pre-cat. i gained 3.23whp :p maybe i'd feel more if i had intake and a full exhaust but i don't have either of those. i haven't checked for leaks between header and mid-pipe yet. i don't hear anything abnormal and it mated together pretty well i'd say.

here's a pic of the header changing colors after i drove to work

IMG_2354-XL.jpg

Sweet! Glad you had a good install with good results.

Out of curiosity, what exhaust hangers are you using, and what condition are they in?

Sweet! Glad you had a good install with good results.

Out of curiosity, what exhaust hangers are you using, and what condition are they in?

all stock to my knowledge. pretty decent condition considering the miles. also, i'm at 199,933 miles! almost to that 200k mark.

looks great! been eyeing those headers on ebay for a bit.. how was the fitment other than the egr nut issue?

Back