the p5nugget

yeah i randomly grabbed mine when someone was parting out their p5 on the facebook groups

The factory roof racks aren't available anymore.
Your only option is something used or a wrecker and they're all it pretty rough shape with broken plastic.

You might have to go with aftermarket.

I made a mistake. By "roof rack", I meant "roof basket"

crossbars, not so much. the plastic covers up top were really rough and brittle so i ended up just taking all of it off to install cross bars. they're there though if one day my wife buys me a kayak or wants to borrow the p5 to haul her kayak.

for the rear endlinks, i bought the same rear ones that I use with my msp off of rockauto. i dont remember which brand but the description definitely listed 7.5" distance between the center of each stud.

I run these ones for my msp rear swaybar.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

and it feels similar to my twm short shifter? lol. it shortened the throw but takes a bit more effort to shift into gear as expected. the wife is cool with it too so that's cool. i would've went with twm again but its currently 200 bucks. I bought mine back when it was closer to 100.

ended up removing the b&m short shifter a couple weeks ago. it'll be for sale soon when i get time to post it up.

for the past week, i've been getting a random knock in the front driver side corner. checked for loose end-links and other suspension components but everything is on tight. checked the passenger side while i was at it too. i did notice my bumpstops have disintegrated and fallen off lol. guess either the strut or the strut mount is starting to go.

Pfft the mount was my guess bish

this is true.

replaced my headlights today with my original msp headlights laying around. they're free. just had to pay for the wiring, relays, and pigtails. the driver side p5 headlight was busted by the previous owner and no longer aimable. it aimed at fog light level and that was that lol. glad i can see again. i tried a new method for cleaning up the headlights. wetsand with 400 grit then spray it with clearcoat. it may have been too humid or i rushed it. the clearcoat started cracking a bit. oh well. i can always sand and try again in the future. it's good enough for now

IMG_1816-L.jpg

IMG_1818-L.jpg

IMG_1824-L.jpg

IMG_1912-L.jpg

Last edited:
Sexy headlights, man

I gotta try blacking out mine sometime. Would look awfully nice with the rest of my parts!

Thanks. Most definitely. Something so simple as black housing looks so great. Haha. The oem msp headlight housings are actually a dark grey vs black.

I just noticed your VA plates! What part are you from? Im currently (temporarily) relocated to VA Beach

Small world man! I've met another P5 owner making a MSP5 and saw another MSP owner

Yeah I don*t see many around anymore. Know a few OG locals that still have their protgs and that*s it. How*s your p5 coming along?

Yeah I don*t see many around anymore. Know a few OG locals that still have their protgs and that*s it. How*s your p5 coming along?

I just updated my thread lmao but the car is chillin. Might need a clutch soon. As for mods I dont know what to do next and should probably hold off for a little bit as it seems the expenses are piling up (for some reason every time I have a little extra money an unexpected expense comes out of no where and Im working extra hours at work, so Im waiting for it)
If you ever go to nightmoves well have to link up one day!

I just updated my thread lmao but the car is chillin. Might need a clutch soon. As for mods I don*t know what to do next and should probably hold off for a little bit as it seems the expenses are piling up (for some reason every time I have a little extra money an unexpected expense comes out of no where and I*m working extra hours at work, so I*m waiting for it)
If you ever go to nightmoves we*ll have to link up one day!

lol that's life. i'll let you know. usually the night moves i attend are in my bed zzzing :D (im an old man)

I feel you on that. I try to go to a few a year just to get out of the house, but its usually the same cars and most of them are the Honda kids.
Off topic, but do you think you could assist me changing the clutch (if it needs it in the future)? Im somewhat mechanically inclined but in no way do I trust myself taking my engine and transmission apart. I can pay you for your time of course

I feel you on that. I try to go to a few a year just to get out of the house, but it*s usually the same cars and most of them are the Honda kids.
Off topic, but do you think you could assist me changing the clutch (if it needs it in the future)? I*m somewhat mechanically inclined but in no way do I trust myself taking my engine and transmission apart. I can pay you for your time of course

i've never done a clutch. anything that deep into the engine or tranny i let 1 of 2 of my trusted mechanic friends handle because i don't have the time to risk it screwing up and having to do it again. only simple bolt ons and maintenance for me. my coworker is a weekend tinkerer and may be down to help. he's done transmission swaps on civics so he's familiar. let me know when you're trying to get it done and i'll shoot you their info.

Back