the p5nugget

Installed the racing beat rear sway bar using cr3 relocation brackets and energy suspension bushing kit

cant quite see it like you can on a sedan.

IMG_7470-XL.jpg

IMG_7471-XL.jpg

I paid mazda to do mine before I completely lost my s*#t with it, do both sides unless you have already done the right side.

I paid mazda to do mine before I completely lost my s*#t with it, do both sides unless you have already done the right side.

i'm only doing the driver side for now. will do them as they fail. was huffing and puffing trying to undo the axle nut yesterday. ended up borrowing an electric impact and it came off in under 10 seconds lol. dropped off everything for the new bearing to get pressed in.

2017021411124191-IMG_4010-L.jpg

You got lucky. Had to drill the nut in half for mine. Went to 3 shops with air impact guns and none of them broke it loose lol

Some guys broke 3/4" ratchet handles. Others had a 6 foot extender on a breaker bar and had to jump on it.

everything is back on. took a drive and it's so quiet now. no more airplane like drone at high speeds. wife called the p5 airplane mode for a while.

You got lucky. Had to drill the nut in half for mine. Went to 3 shops with air impact guns and none of them broke it loose lol

bad luck! lol. i did have an axle seize to my hub on my msp. that wasn't fun.

Some guys broke 3/4" ratchet handles. Others had a 6 foot extender on a breaker bar and had to jump on it.

sheesh. never again. i'll stick to the borrowed impact.

.... i did have an axle seize to my hub on my msp. that wasn't fun...

Some mechanics include the price of a new axle in their original quote.

They don't even bother trying to take things apart. They just cut the axle, remove the knuckle and take the whole works to the machine shop.

Some mechanics include the price of a new axle in their original quote.

They don't even bother trying to take things apart. They just cut the axle, remove the knuckle and take the whole works to the machine shop.

if being time efficient is their goal, it makes sense.

the P0401 "EGR Flow Insufficient" keeps coming up for a couple days every 3 weeks or so. guess i should take care of this now

It's not just time, it turns into a safety issue too.

Jackie chan could have been killed when he did his bearings. (if the piece of shrapnel would have hit him in the head)
First you've got your seized axle nut... Then the seized axle in the hub... Then the seized bearing in the knuckle.

One guy couldn't press out the bearing with a 12 ton press.

Anyway... You might want to consider the "Canadian" EGR with the coolant lines if cleaning your EGR is becoming a yearly/ monthly activity.

The guys that have installed them say they haven't had a problem with them since.

Last edited:
i haven't cleaned the egr at all since owning the car so that will be a chore that i do soon. does the metal gasket have to be replaced everytime the egr is reinstalled?

i haven't cleaned the egr at all since owning the car so that will be a chore that i do soon....

I've never cleaned my EGR either,.. and I live in Canada,.. Which is where the "Canadian" version of the EGR was invented for.

I have the original EGR still installed and working fine.

There's all kinds of codes covering EGR problems and if my car stumbles at idle I'll start with Seafoam, then clean the IAC then the EGR...

If It ain't broke don't fixer...

the P0401 "EGR Flow Insufficient" keeps coming up for a couple days every 3 weeks or so. guess i should take care of this now

Ooops... Didn't read the thread...

Yea,.. You got work to do.

Here's the instructions for the routing if you decide to go "Canadian"...,

Last edited:
Back