the p5nugget

Still upset I didnt get a job in time to buy your P5 :/
well, it won't be far away... maybe.
yeah he's a protege crazy kind of guy too. the p5 will be in good hands
yes, yes I am. oh.. wait.
Out of curiosity, is the new owner a Mazda guy/car guy? Think he'll do your P5 justice?

I know that these things shouldn't matter when one sells their car, but when I was almost about to put mine up for sale, that last thought kind of came up a lot. Of all the s*** my car puts me through (and still puts me through lol), I found ways around them or fixed them. Learned a lot on that thing. Makes me wonder what someone else would've done if they didn't like it as much as me.

Oh well. At the end of the day, nothing's really ours forever; just to hang on to for a while.
I've dabbled in the platform for years.. since 03. ;)

Officially/unofficially I am/will be the new owner. I'm excited to get it from Phil.

For me this will be a daily driver as I build/put the msp together and attempt to take off the daily use of my truck. I have something like 55k miles on my 2016 Silverado, which isn't BAD... but it's not good for me. the body is showing the signs of highway use which pisses me off.

Anyways, as for plans- I don't particularly have any for now, just drive. But i'll stick with this thread for updates and maintenance logs and how-to's.

Officially/unofficially I am/will be the new owner. I'm excited to get it from Phil.

For me this will be a daily driver as I build/put the msp together and attempt to take off the daily use of my truck. I have something like 55k miles on my 2016 Silverado, which isn't BAD... but it's not good for me. the body is showing the signs of highway use which pisses me off.

Anyways, as for plans- I don't particularly have any for now, just drive. But i'll stick with this thread for updates and maintenance logs and how-to's.

highway use? just holler at dale lol :D

take good care of the p5. it has a lot of basic bolt ons installed already too. changed the oil yesterday for the delivery

i-jc73F37-L.jpg

Took the car to work yesterday and to an appointment on my lunch break to enjoy it one last time. Damian will surely enjoy this thing. To me, it has the perfect bolt on mods to make it an enjoyable daily without sacrificing too much comfort. Pretty proud of the car and of myself as it's definitely in way better shape than when I purchased it a few years ago. Yeah it's old and isn't perfect and consumes a bit of oil but it really has never left me stranded. To finalize it all, I leave Damian with a wishlist of items that I would've eventually gotten to, lol.

• Proper care and maintenance
  • Paint wiper arms
  • Paint/wrap/whatever rear wing
  • Replace interior carpet
  • Source and replace rear hatch carpet
  • Maybe some new pedals?
  • MSP seats?

Cleaned and dusted the car again when I got home and took some goodbye photos.

i-7F6RXwt-XL.jpg

i-ww6wfMF-XL.jpg

i-zsLpktL-XL.jpg

i-KCjWKBm-XL.jpg

i-3XvWqMm-XL.jpg

i-xvZRJJn-XL.jpg

i-F845K4m-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Good pics Phil..

the funny thing is- I have msp seats in my garage for my msp, which I don't plan to use. I want speed3 seats for it. haha. so we can check that off the list.

Welp, hope that last day was as good as it could've been :^(

Don't forget to pest DP to get it all cleaned up lol

Welp, hope that last day was as good as it could've been :^(

Don't forget to pest DP to get it all cleaned up lol

I will bug him everyday. lol. here's my temporary replacement until i figure out my next move. 04 forester xt. hauls balls but doesn't handle like a go kart one bit.

i-BL27GLG-XL.jpg

I will bug him everyday. lol. here's my temporary replacement until i figure out my next move. 04 forester xt. hauls balls but doesn't handle like a go kart one bit.

i-BL27GLG-XL.jpg

they make SO many suspension parts for this car. rear subframes, braces, coilovers, control arms etc etc

they make SO many suspension parts for this car. rear subframes, braces, coilovers, control arms etc etc

no thanks. you already know my deal. too rusty for my tastes to work on and not modding it anymore than it already came. i dont have this sort of time or patience. I don't need 4 needy whips. these things aren't as easy to deal with as proteges lol. the goal is to create time for my msp needs, not make more work to cock block myself :D

Sold! And Damian already put MSP seats in it after owning it for about 2 hours lol.

i-CrXnHtr-L.jpg

Sold! And Damian already put MSP seats in it after owning it for about 2 hours lol.

i-CrXnHtr-L.jpg

drove it to work this am- i enjoy these cars quite a bit but god damn is the highway cruising terrible(transmission sound @ 70-80mph) It needs a 6th gear badly. oh well. It was a good time.

Yes he said he wanted msp seats in it so I did that. easy and quick mod. I won't mod this very much other than the few things that Philip has mentioned. I just want reliable.

Back