the p5nugget

Nothing new. Reinstalled msp rear sway bar, msp length rear endlinks, cr3 rear sway bar brackets, and new wiper blades.

IMG_5769-XL.jpg

Dusted, vacuumed, and wiped down the P5 over the weekend. In the process of cleaning it up for the new owner :). Still have to clean the original wheels, wash the actual car, give it a quick detail (quick detail spray), do an oil change, finish gathering spare parts. Then I'll be hand delivering the car to the new owner in a couple weeks. He can surprise y'all and make his own thread.

Were you running no rear sway bar before? Does your steering feel tighter now that your lower? I just dropped my car on some tein springs (not slammed) but still pretty low compared to stock. It almost feels like the steering is a tad heavier

yeah get the rear sway bar to make the car more complete. i come from the mp3/msp world so i already knew what i wanted on the p5 lol. i had the msp rear sway bar on for a little while, went back to stock, and just reinstalled it again. it'll transform your car and make the rear end feel a little stiffer and you will definitely feel the rear end tighten up a lot while your turning.

Last edited:
Hmm maybe I do need to go stiffer, does the msp rear bar bolt right in? Do you need the msp rear subframe?

You need the cr3 sway bar brackets, energy suspension bushing kit, and msp rear endlinks (7.5 inch stud to stud). I will post some links/part numbers tomorrow.

You need the cr3 sway bar brackets, energy suspension bushing kit, and msp rear endlinks (7.5 inch stud to stud). I will post some links/part numbers tomorrow.

STudMUffin1177, you'll need the following to fit an MSP rear sway bar on a P5

• MSP sway bar (obviously), usually about 60-80 bucks
  • CR3 Sway Bar Relocation Brackets. Message him for P5 specific ones. http://cr3motorsports.com/Protege/Protege-Suspension/cr3-sway-bar-relocation-brackets-msp
  • MSP rear endlinks or adjustable if you prefer because p5 endlinks are 1-2" too short. BECK/ARNLEY #1015069 is what I used and the sway bar sits perfectly parallel to the ground and clears the lateral bars. (Measurements are 8.5" End to End, Stud to Stud: 7.5")
  • Energy Suspension 9.5124G 20MM Sway Bar Bushing kit. The black bushings will bind less than the red ones. You'll need to take a file to open the openings like 1-2mm to fit our bolts through. I'll save you the headache now and tell you that there isn't enough clearance to fit the greasable bushing kit.
  • Last but not least, anti-seize or at least some grease at the bare minimum

The msp rear bar is 20mm correct? I dont wanna go to big because I would like to keep a bit of body roll for rally cross. I've been running no rear sway bar the past couple days with a MSP bar up front, I like the feel it gives me but I noticed the car tends to start losing grip on longer curves . I'm thinking any bigger than 20mm will be to much and my car will just slide out on softer surfaces, but I think no rear sway bar might be too much roll. Thanks for the parts list, much appreciated
Edit: I was wrong the red paint threw me off, I have the stock bar up front 23mm, either way i have msp front bar I'm not gunna use now. I didn't think the understeer was that bad but now that I know I have the 23mm bar I definitely dont want to put the 25mm in. Too stiff for soft surfaces

Last edited:
Gathered all the stock and spare parts that go with the P5. All that's left to do is wash the car, change the oil, and take my goodbye photos. Strangely I found this in the car too.

IMG_5969-L.jpg

IMG_5968-L.jpg

Out of curiosity, is the new owner a Mazda guy/car guy? Think he'll do your P5 justice?

I know that these things shouldn't matter when one sells their car, but when I was almost about to put mine up for sale, that last thought kind of came up a lot. Of all the s*** my car puts me through (and still puts me through lol), I found ways around them or fixed them. Learned a lot on that thing. Makes me wonder what someone else would've done if they didn't like it as much as me.

Oh well. At the end of the day, nothing's really ours forever; just to hang on to for a while.

yeah he's a protege crazy kind of guy too. the p5 will be in good hands

Back