Metra 2din Dash Kit - fitment issue

Has anyone here used this kit to install an aftermarket stereo?

I installed a 2din deck last night and the fitment is so terrible I can't believe this product is even on the market.

It bulges out around my AC controls which is pretty bad. At least a screwdriver width tween the bezel and control

Has anyone had a similar experience? What did you do about it? (bang)

Last edited:
I have not seen the fitment issues but I have read about hem (Metra and Scosche).
If it bulges and you are already pissed off at the product (feel like there is not too much to loose), could you use a heatgun on the back of the bezel and bend it into shape?
Have some water ready to cool it off faster.

Just did my install the othe day with a kit from crutchfield, I think it's the same brand and thought the same thing. Fitment around the a/c controls looks like s***.. But I'll live with it.. Only other complaint I have is that the stereo attaches to the installation kit and not to the center dash via screws/bolts. I mean, if I knew this and wanted to steal a stereo this would be so simple.
E6D5A313-ADCF-4E71-A869-95EAD111C706.jpg

Just did my install the othe day with a kit from crutchfield, I think it's the same brand and thought the same thing. Fitment around the a/c controls looks like s***.. But I'll live with it.. Only other complaint I have is that the stereo attaches to the installation kit and not to the center dash via screws/bolts. I mean, if I knew this and wanted to steal a stereo this would be so simple.

Nice unit! I think I have the same or similar haha. Mine has more gap around the a/c controls than yours but this looks familiar.

I didn't wire my unit completely as it was near midnight when I was working on it so I do plan to rip it all out again and do things like backup camera, microphone, hardwired AUX etc..

I'll probably take a dremel to it and try to shave down some contact points or something to see if I can wedge it in tighter... and paint it black. The silver it ships with is ok for Auto but jsut nasty on a manual with no silver trim to match.

Heat gun may be a good idea too. The worst section is the thin part between the center buttons. It flexes like thick cardboard if you push on it because there is so much of a gap. (headshake

Nice unit! I think I have the same or similar haha. Mine has more gap around the a/c controls than yours but this looks familiar.

I didn't wire my unit completely as it was near midnight when I was working on it so I do plan to rip it all out again and do things like backup camera, microphone, hardwired AUX etc..

I'll probably take a dremel to it and try to shave down some contact points or something to see if I can wedge it in tighter... and paint it black. The silver it ships with is ok for Auto but jsut nasty on a manual with no silver trim to match.

Heat gun may be a good idea too. The worst section is the thin part between the center buttons. It flexes like thick cardboard if you push on it because there is so much of a gap. (headshake

take the face of the original radio, cut out what you don't need and fiber glass and paint. Good weekend project

Back