2016 CX-9 Cargo Cover

:
95 Miata, 14 CX5 Touring FWD, 18 CX9 GT FWD
Has anybody seen or gotten the retractable cargo cover for the '16 CX-9?

MazdaUSA.com's website only has a description of it, which says that it "stays mounted to the rear lift gate to allow hassle free loading".

I can't seem to find any pictures of it and didn't notice any built in hooks on the rear lift gate.

The CX5 has the same type of optional cargo cover, and has built in hooks on the rear liftgate. I have one in mine and I think it's the best cargo cover ever. Since it's attached to the rear lift gate, it always moves up and out of the way when the liftgate is opened. No need to have a second operation to retract or extend it after opening or before closing the liftgate. It's also made out of a cloth material, so it can flex over bulky items compared to a hard cargo cover that has to be removed if items are too tall. The very end of the cover is also a mesh material. When the liftgate is up, the cover is fully extended and you can see through the mesh to the passenger area.

Here it is in the CX-5:
https://youtu.be/CTtoSFehn2E?t=5m56s

I want to see how the cargo cover is installed in the '16 CX-9 and whether it has the same functionality as the CX5's version.

Back