Repalcement Brake Booster out of stock

:
2010 CX-9 FWD Touring
My 2010 CX-9 w/~80,000 miles is doing something weird. When I park the car, I stop with the brake put it into park and turn off the ignition as usual. Whats weird is that when I turn off the car, the brake pedal pushed back up toward me. It never used to do this.

I described issue to the dealership, they suspected the brake booster with extended warranty. They called back however and said they're unable to order the brake booster - out of stock and no ETA. Does this sound like brake booster issue to you? Wondering if I should ask for a loaner or get a rental in the meantime. I've noticed no other change in braking, just the change in pedal feel when I turn off the car.

i have the same thing happening to my 2013 CX 9. Im actually having the booster replaced today. I'll let you know if it solves the issue.

Brake Booster finally came in; no longer having the problem with pedal pushing back when car turns off. I could see the board of the service department when I dropped off my car; they had three CX-9's on the list that day for brake booster; had it labeled as a 'recall' on the board even thought I think its just an extended warranty.

Its been about a week since the booster was replaced but I am still experiencing the same issue. When I press on the brakes to start the car, it is still very stiff. It is back at dealership today getting checked on again.

Its been about a week since the booster was replaced but I am still experiencing the same issue. When I press on the brakes to start the car, it is still very stiff. It is back at dealership today getting checked on again.

Found this online if this helps, might either be a vacuum leak or water/air in your brake system. Good luck, hope you get it fixed, let us know how it turns out...

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1947166-Brake-pedal-is-hard-upon-initial-start-up/page2

I appreciate the multiple threads on the brake booster issues. When my wife told me something felt off, I drove the car and felt the hard resistance. Came to the forums and immediately found the issue. Called the closest dealer and they said wouldn't be able to look at it for two weeks. Called Mazda customer care, they found another dealer that could see me that day. Car is a 2012 CX-9 with 99.6K miles. They covered half the cost with me paying $250. Full replacement would have been ideal, but that's a fair enough price for the amount of frustration I am not undergoing replacing it myself. Overall pretty satisfied with the experience and the folks at Pearson Mazda.

Back