Comparing my 2016 GT to my Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

Depends on the recall. I have a current recall on my Mazda 6 to replace a door piece trim. Obviously different from having a recall to say change wiring known to cause fires. That said Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) only had 10 recalls since 2015. In that span Ford and GM both had like 50 each. So its not just the amount of recalls but the type of recalls too. The number of recalls I got in the mail for our CX-5 was two probably?

http://car-brands.axlegeeks.com/stories/11843/car-manufacturers-with-most-vehicles-recalled#Intro

I thought a recall was only issued when it pertained to safety. Not quite picturing the door trim as safety unless it's keeping the door from falling off.

I thought a recall was only issued when it pertained to safety. Not quite picturing the door trim as safety unless it's keeping the door from falling off.

SPECIAL SERVICE PROGRAM (SSP) INFORMATION
2014-2016 MAZDA6 DOOR SASH CONCERN
On certain 2014-2016 Mazda6 vehicles produced from October 25, 2012 through January 30, 2015, the front and rear doors may have a gap between the door sash molding and the resin protector. The protector may separate or break, causing the metal part of the door sash to be exposed. If the driver or passenger contacts this metal part when entering or exiting the vehicle, injury may occur.
Your Mazda dealer will reinforce all the door sash moldings to prevent this condition, at no cost to you.

Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a Recall and Special Service Program (SSP)?
There are two forms of motor vehicle recalls: (1) emissions recalls, and (2) safety recalls. Automobile manufacturers and/or the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) can initiate an emissions recall when a substantial number of a category of vehicles fails to meet the federal emissions standard. A safety recall involving a motor vehicle or an item of motor vehicle equipment can either be independently conducted by a manufacturer or ordered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in order to repair a safety-related defect or noncompliance with a federal motor vehicle safety standard. Mazda works continuously with both government agencies on recalls for Mazda vehicles. Sometimes Mazda USA will issue recalls as Special Service Programs (SSPs) that are mandated repairs.

Warranty Extension Special Service Programs (SSPs) are voluntary campaigns to improve customer satisfaction. Customers are contacted by mail, and customer participation is voluntary. Special Service Programs that have a Warranty Extension attached are not mandated recalls.

http://www.mazdarecallinfo.com/FreemanMazda?pc=

Chrysler has been terrible for forever to my knowledge. I remember my parents had a Dodge Caravan way way back and the issues were insane.

My former roommate's mom bought a Caravan. She shifted into reverse and the transmission LITERALLY FELL OUT OF THE VEHICLE on their drive-way, lol

Latest posts

Back