Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home transmission flush success

Registered Member

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Pootie tang, I really hate to ask this question as this thread is kind of old. The pic of the return line is that looking down from the top of the car? I was looking for that beige piece in the pic as a reference when I had the car jacked up and secured and could not see it and I started wondering if this is looking down from when the hood is opened.

Registered Member

CX 9

Thanks!

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2016

3309 is the Aisin (transmission maker) spec. T-IV is Toyota's name for the same fluid.

I like to drain the transmission sump first, and refill, to save some time, then pump through the hose.

If which hose is the discharge to the cooler is in question, take one loose and crank (don't run) the engine. You'll see the direction of the flow and know which hose is which.

Installing a Magnefine or Filtran filter is always a good idea. Every hydraulic system needs clean fluid, including automatic transmissions. Put in the hot line into the cooler for best filtration. (After a transmission failure bits of metal accumulate in the cooler, so the filter is put on the cooler outlet in that case.) It is also a very good idea to put a similar filter in the return line of the hydraulic power steering. Magnefine's 1/2" filter works well for this. These filters are often re-labeled as NAPA or WIX or something else. All good.
    https://magnefinefilters.com/main.sc

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-9

To do a fluid exchange at the two Mazda dealers in my area its $219 -$229. Both indicated a fluid exchange is done and 12 quarts are used in the process. My mileage is now 59,980 so figured it might be a good time to do the fluid change. I thought about doing the 3.5 qrts multiple times method but was wondering if the full fluid exchange is a better path for transmission longevity?

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by flash25296 View Post
    To do a fluid exchange at the two Mazda dealers in my area its $219 -$229. Both indicated a fluid exchange is done and 12 quarts are used in the process. My mileage is now 59,980 so figured it might be a good time to do the fluid change. I thought about doing the 3.5 qrts multiple times method but was wondering if the full fluid exchange is a better path for transmission longevity?
    I took my CX-9 to Herzog-Meier Dealership in Beaverton, Oregon and they Charged $199.95 for a complete fluid swap on the transmission. They even saved me a sample of the fluid that came our of the transmission and it did not look all that bad at 60080 miles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123