2016 CX-9 Aftermarket Wheels (Bolt Pattern/Offset)

Hello, does anyone have any verified info on 2016 CX-9 bolt patterns, offsets, hub size etc? If I pull the trigger on purchasing, I want to be prepared for winter wheels or even replacing the stock wheels with aftermarket. I think the car would look excellent with slightly wider wheels with a more aggressive offset.

This site is listing specs, but you never know the reliability with new vehicles.

http://autotk.com/wheels/mazda/cx-9/#2016 :

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 mm
Stock wheel size: 18x7.5 - 20x7.5 "
Stock wheel offset: 45 mm
Hub bore: 67.1
Lug size: M12x1.5
Stock tire size: 245/60R18 - 245/50R20

I'm not so sure about Tire Rack on this one - I usually recommend them for fitment reference, but they're showing an older CX-9 as the 2016 model.

All the same, though, Mazda seems to have a thing for the 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern. Every five-lug Mazda in recent memory has used it, including those introduced since the Ford split. I'd be fairly shocked if the new CX-9 doesn't use the same bolt pattern.

I'm not so sure about Tire Rack on this one - I usually recommend them for fitment reference, but they're showing an older CX-9 as the 2016 model.

All the same, though, Mazda seems to have a thing for the 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern. Every five-lug Mazda in recent memory has used it, including those introduced since the Ford split. I'd be fairly shocked if the new CX-9 doesn't use the same bolt pattern.

Yeah... Tire Rack is great, but they also tend to have pretty conservative stances on wheel offset and width. Part if that is that they don't sell a lot of aggressively offset brands. Part of it is that they err on the side of being very safe. It isn't a bad thing... But you can usually go with something more aggressive safely than what they recommend.
I could be wrong, but I don't think they usually publish exact measurements and ranges of fitment on their site.

On all my previous cars I usually rely on the measurements of forum members!

Hi, I usually compare tirerack and discount tire co. However, I decided to "photoshop" some renderings. The original photo is from the world wide web. All due credit to the original photographer.

What do you all think?

attachment.php

2016 Mazda CX-9 with Drag DR-37's

attachment.php

2016 Mazda CX-9 with Liquid Metal Static's

attachment.php

2016 Mazda CX-9 with TSW Donnington's

Attachments

• CX-9 with DRAG DR-37.jpg
    CX-9 with DRAG DR-37.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 7,834
  • CX-9 with LIQUID METAL - STATIC.jpg
    CX-9 with LIQUID METAL - STATIC.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 5,959
  • CX-9 with TSW - DONNINGTON.jpg
    CX-9 with TSW - DONNINGTON.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 10,977
Last edited:
Tried to Match the concept design as close as it could be.

34de34a8ed78cbbff89a5d2447456fbc.jpg

And this is my 2016 CX9 Signature with the 22x9 rims.

80a5f4318dced84b2be1d3ea9a7f7f17.jpg

Looks really clean Pocketgroove. Fresh from the car lot before I took her home. Got the rims swapped right away with these 22s. Made her stand out from the rest.

Car looks amazing Striker, have you got some more daylight pics? Also what offset are they?

Any gaurd rub issues? i tow quite a bit so trying to find the flushest offset without having any gauard rub issues

Thanks Ekrace. I'm going to try to take more pictures and hopefully upload it here soon. These Ace Alloy Convex rims fit perfectly. They are 22x9s 35mm offset with tires 265/40 R22s. I was gonna get 22x10.5 for the rears but it's not practical and I can't do tire rotations.. Got no rubbing issues at all.

Car looks amazing Striker, have you got some more daylight pics? Also what offset are they?

Any gaurd rub issues? i tow quite a bit so trying to find the flushest offset without having any gauard rub issues

Front wheel passenger side.

Wow, those 22" are tight!!!! Where did you get those Mazda center caps ? And how are they secured to the aftermarket wheels? What did you do with the OEM wheels that came with the car?

Thanks. Still got the OEM wheels in my storage. Like to keep it just in case. As for the center caps, I had to have that custom made since these wheels got a larger 75mm center caps than the OEMs. I think the OEMs comes in 54mm.

Last edited:
Thanks. Still got the OEM wheels in my storage. Like to keep it just in case. As for the center caps, I had to have that custom made since these wheels got a larger 75mm center caps than the OEMs. I think the OEMs comes in 54mm.
How you put the cx9 logo below the door? It's an sticker?

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Ekrace. I'm going to try to take more pictures and hopefully upload it here soon. These Ace Alloy Convex rims fit perfectly. They are 22x9s 35mm offset with tires 265/40 R22s. I was gonna get 22x10.5 for the rears but it's not practical and I can't do tire rotations.. Got no rubbing issues at all.

Stryker, those wheels and tires look awesome, I would love to do the same. What's your opinion on the larger wheel effect on ride comfort, did you notice better handling while feeling a more bumpy ride and or greater road noise? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stryker, those wheels and tires look awesome, I would love to do the same. What's your opinion on the larger wheel effect on ride comfort, did you notice better handling while feeling a more bumpy ride and or greater road noise? Thanks!

Hard to say a difference on ride since I put this rims right away when I purchase my car. But during my test drive and now, I can hardly noticed any difference. The road noise depends on what tires you'll be getting for your future 22s. I got the Toyo Proxes ST II which is an awesome set of tires for ride comfort and noise. The downside that you have to keep in mind though is the gas consumption. You will spending a little bit more than with the 20s but I didn't notice it at all.

Happy shopping Big E.

Thanks for the reply Stryker, your post are always very helpful!

New to "this" forum. Just got the wife a 2016 CX-9 Signature, really want to change out the rims cause I want it to be different than all the other CX9's. How does the 22's feel handling wise compared to the stock 20's?

Back