Do I have the first MS3 to go 300,000 miles?

VAspeed3

:
2007 MS3 purchased new October 2006
Yesterday I posted at the end of my "200,000" mile thread from 3 years ago. It's a dead thread.

Just to show what is easily possible, my 07 MS3 is going to hit 300,000 in a matter of a month and a half or so. Original clutch, original turbo. Engine is stock, suspension is not. Yes, it has been tracked at VIR, but not after the odo passed about 150,000 miles. I drive it fairly hard, and always have since I bought it brand new in October of 2006.

congrats, great achievement! hope i have half of that at least!

i can only imagine how many spark plugs you've been through.

Good to hear! I just picked a well maintained stock 2009 with 280k miles. I want to bring it well past 300,000 miles also.

Yesterday I posted at the end of my "200,000" mile thread from 3 years ago. It's a dead thread.

Just to show what is easily possible, my 07 MS3 is going to hit 300,000 in a matter of a month and a half or so. Original clutch, original turbo. Engine is stock, suspension is not. Yes, it has been tracked at VIR, but not after the odo passed about 150,000 miles. I drive it fairly hard, and always have since I bought it brand new in October of 2006.
this has just given me a mount Everest of faith!!! mine is a 2008 with 36,000 miles on it lol

My 2007 is at 180k. Timing and turbocharger were performed around 100k by Mazda and the replacement turbo is leaking on the exhaust side. Bought it that way just haven't replaced the turbo yet. I'm starting to get a sulfur smell after hard runs, so I'm sure the oil contamination has degraded the catalyst material, but I planned on doing a downpipe at the same time. Otherwise, based on maintenance history (significant amount) the only other big expense was around 120k with the replacement of the A/C compressor. Previous owners took meticulous care of the car. There is a 17,000 mile gap with only oil services and a set of tires when the second own had it. I just recently replaced my passenger and rear mounts, front lower control arms and axles. I was searching for a vibration and was replacing ANYHTING that could cause it that had ANY amount of wear or play. Control arms were the culprit, but the other items did have some wear and tear. Based on the maintenance history I have on the car and what I've personally done to it in the short three months of ownership, if a normal person- NOT me- was driving the car and planned to leave it stock, 300,000 miles should be easily attained.

Back